Bad WiFi connection

I have the latest firmware installed but the printer loses wifi connection too often.
Pretty much after every print, it disconnects from the wifi I have connected it to and often I can’t reconnect to it from the setting and end up rebooting the machine.
It’s really frustrating because it’s suppose to make my life easier compared to moving the files via SD card like in the previous model.
Does anybody else have the same experience? Is there a way to fix this situation?

Hi, @ZICO.
Can you switch the IP to static and set it manually to be in the range of the DHCP? Does it stay connected then? Would you be able to check whether Wi-Fi disconnects when the printer is connected to some kind of hotspot (from your phone for example)?

Hi @Marta,

Thanks for the reply.

“Can you switch the IP to static and set it manually to be in the range of the DHCP?”

Do you mean set the IP address to manual?
It tells me “Network isn’t properly configured” when I do that.

“Would you be able to check whether Wi-Fi disconnects when the printer is connected to some kind of hotspot (from your phone for example)?”

Sorry I’m not a network person but yes it does disconnect from the original wifi I had it set to, when I connect it to the hotspot I made with my phone. Sorry if that wasn’t what you meant.

Hi @ZICO!

Please contact me via PM.

Kind regards

Marcin,

Thank you for the reply.
Apparently I can’t send PMs to you…

Hi @ZICO!

Please check your inbox.

Kind regards

Is this resolved? I am having the same issue for my M300 Dual.

Hi @czhang,

could you explain the issues you are facing? Is your Wi-Fi connection stable? Maybe the signal is too weak? Set up a mobile hotspot on your phone and connect both the printer and computer - can you see any improvement? Also, make sure the firmware is up-to-date.

Best regards
Karolina