Be Mine Vase

Model from here: http://www.myminifactory.com/object/view/800/Be-Mine-Valentine-Vase

The print is 175mm high and was printed at 0.19mm layer height, 20 degree (I think) support threshold, “warm gray” Z-ABS.

Hey Julia,

It looks great! Thanks for showing us.

I’ve been getting so much grief on another forum for ordering a Zortrax … they said it only prints square cubes lol “it can’t do curves” they say haha … Well I think it looks brill !

Can’t wait to get my new printer !

Cheers

Jay

Beautiful work Julia, really love the curvy lines on this piece :slight_smile:

[quote name=jayceekeys]I’ve been getting so much grief on another forum for ordering a Zortrax … they said it only prints square cubes lol “it can’t do curves” they say
[/quote]

I saw that, Jay, and it’s really distressing to me to find my own Four-Dragons Candlestick being used there as an example of poor print quality from the Zortrax. Firstly, I did not use a lot of support on that model in order to keep print time to something manageable - it was 52 hours even so! Secondly, that print has fantastic quality everywhere except on the underside of the “bowl”. I would like any of the guys on that forum to a) show me that their printer can successfully complete a 52-hour print and b) do better on the underside of curved objects.

I think my post today comparing results of the Up vs Zortrax on a small bowl demonstrate that the Zortrax is no worse than the Up in this area, and the Up is pretty darned good. If the open-source crowd can do better I’d like to see it.

If anyone thinks the Zortrax can’t do curves they should have a look at my Singing Dragon http://zortrax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=299.

Thanks,

julia

Love the dragon - very bling !

In the end I decided to walk away from that forum. I just can’t understand why some people are so full of hatred for people that they don’t even know on forums lol.

I can’t wait to get my Zortrax so I can start printing ! If I can print anywhere near as nicely as the examples on here I will be a really happy bunny !

Jay

Really nice Julia! As soon as I saw it I knew where you got the STL from. :wink: I almost printed it in red but then did another print instead.

[quote name=jayceekeys]Love the dragon - very bling !

In the end I decided to walk away from that forum. I just can’t understand why some people are so full of hatred for people that they don’t even know on forums lol.

I can’t wait to get my Zortrax so I can start printing ! If I can print anywhere near as nicely as the examples on here I will be a really happy bunny !

Jay
[/quote]

I was right behind you Jay. I only registered to give my opinion on the Zortrax.

Dhatw.

[quote name=dhatw][quote=jayceekeys]Love the dragon - very bling !

Jay
[/quote]

I was right behind you Jay. I only registered to give my opinion on the Zortrax.

Dhatw.
[/quote]

I would post the challenge on Julia’s candle holder. If they don’t want to give it a whirl, they must not be too sure of their printers.

Hey Kyle,

To be honest I meant what I said on the other forum after I put the guy right … I left.

I am sticking to this forum as it seems to be full of people that are a lot happier - probably because they have sweet printers !

Now, I wonder what Julia is going to print over the weekend? I’ve got about 10 days till my Z is delivered so need things to drool over until it arrives !

Print more cool things Julia! You should video them and put them on YouTube !

Cheers,

Jay

I left him a little note myself… So did Martin after I did… lol

[quote name=Kyle]I left him a little note myself… So did Martin after I did… lol
[/quote]

It might be better for Zortrax to avoid leaving responses to trolls like huber-whatever or if he does, try to make the response short and to the point. There is a saying in the US that it is never wise to wrestle in the mud with a pig - you just get dirty and the pig likes it. I’m still a prospective buyer and, in that role, a company sounds much more professional to me when replies on public forums (fora?) are limited to the facts or fact-based opinion. Anyone who reads forums like these for any length of time comes to understand that there are always a few who just plain hate a product or company for whatever reason and their opinions clearly have little merit.

Mike

[quote name=MichaelHenry][quote=Kyle]I left him a little note myself… So did Martin after I did… lol
[/quote]

It might be better for Zortrax to avoid leaving responses to trolls like huber-whatever or if he does, try to make the response short and to the point. There is a saying in the US that it is never wise to wrestle in the mud with a pig - you just get dirty and the pig likes it. I’m still a prospective buyer and, in that role, a company sounds much more professional to me when replies on public forums (fora?) are limited to the facts or fact-based opinion. Anyone who reads forums like these for any length of time comes to understand that there are always a few who just plain hate a product or company for whatever reason and their opinions clearly have little merit.

Mike
[/quote]

Indeed. I’m active on a forum thread where a product line I designed is discussed (the members know I’m the designer) and I’ve learned to stick with facts, be honest, and never argue with the trolls and haters, no matter how much I want to. I’ve gotten many compliments from users who do like the product about my restraint, and over the course of time quite a few of the skeptics have been brought into the fold :slight_smile:

But sometimes is good to jump into mud to stop it - A lie told often enough becomes the truth.

Best Regards

PS.

Thread going to off topic again.

You all don’t know the truth from other forums ? Zortrax try to bans everyone for everything. And as reported in UM forum soon selfie with Zortrax in avatar will be required to post in our forum :wink:

But honestly when I look at statistics then only 2 users was banned from forum beginning and deleted posts I can count with the fingers of one hand.

you must have hands full of fingers… :smiley:

[quote name=pilou74]you must have hands full of fingers… :smiley:
[/quote]

Yes today additional one is required, but I deleted your post because again you posted something connected with troubleshooting in Printroom this is called organisation of forum not censorship, before we only moved posts, I also very want to move your post today into troubleshooting instead of delete it but picture of print with problem, without .stl, software version and settings informations/scale/size show totally nothing about problem and then no way to solve it.

And to not doing more off topic let’s concentrate about beauty vase now :slight_smile:

Best Regards

Threads will always wander off-topic, it is normal. Like the Kim bust which was a nice print and then someone said there’s a problem with the nose and then we started talking about support and undersides. This vase is not perfect either - very few prints are. I don’t really have a problem with you moving some posts from Printroom to Troubleshooting if you think that serves a purpose. Maybe the solution is to have the Printroom be moderated - we submit prints to you for approval for Printroom and you decide if it should be allowed here or go into Troubleshooting. But people will still talk about defects if comments are allowed.

@Julia

No problem if thread going offtopic to constructive way (this is why mostly is no problem with this). Problem if it going to totally mess and fights, mentioned by you topic with ‘kim nose’ - “someone said” not just someone - there again was @smile and then new fight and gossip was created he have bad impact on every topic.

I see no problem with Printroom everything working perfect as is.

It is not any huge story with moving/deleting posts in Printroom - 1x we moved your thread (as you see in other forum this was moved because we didn’t want someone use part of informations to use it as ‘weapon’ because it is easy to turn even something normal into big problem), 1x we moved Pilou thread into Troubleshooting, 1x we splited and moved this gossip which was created in Kim thread, and 2x we deleted post (one was doubled question about shipping and other just troubleshooting question which bring nothing to topic).

So in total statistics of Printrool so far as I remember: 2.5 of moved topic and 2 deleted posts after 3 months.

Whole forum statistics:

1x banned user - from day one he just come here with his mission to create bad image of Zortrax and he used VPN to hide his real location, before it was as 2 banned users but @smile is not banned anymore now you can see what is going on when he come inside of any topic then it going to totally mess he have a gift for it, gossip have very big power.

1x deleted post in thread about ABS price (because pilou insult other user), unfortunately that time Nizzy clicked two times in post and it deleted two posts, our forum script do not give possibility to restore it :slight_smile:

I think statistics like a this most of forums of this size have daily but here we speak about 3 months.

But after we solve shipping and updates in next week new moderators will come here and they will clean and keep anything which they don’t like following forum rules which will be announced at that time.

Best Regards

Martin, you’re off topic. You should delete your post. :smiley:

[quote name=Martin Olchanowski]But sometimes is good to jump into mud to stop it - A lie told often enough becomes the truth.

[/quote]

That’s where active users like Julia, dhatw (sp?), jayceekeys, etc. come in. Maybe it’s just me, but rational replies from folks like them tend to sway me to their side, more than company replies unless the company replies are completely factual and devoid of emotion. I can only imagine how much stress and aggravation trolls like huber-whatever give you, especially in a new business, but I really think you will help your reputation if you come across as professional as possible.

Anyway, sorry for taking this off-topic. You really seem to have a great product and I’d like to see you succeed, if only because I will probably soon be a customer.

[quote name=Julia Truchsess]Indeed. I’m active on a forum thread where a product line I designed is discussed (the members know I’m the designer) and I’ve learned to stick with facts, be honest, and never argue with the trolls and haters, no matter how much I want to. I’ve gotten many compliments from users who do like the product about my restraint, and over the course of time quite a few of the skeptics have been brought into the fold :slight_smile:
[/quote]

An admirable quality in any vendor and you show the same common sense in your posts here. You and a few others here who stay to the facts and frankly discuss limits to the technology and ways to work around them are some of the best advertising Zortrax could hope for.

Mike