Bed Height Printing Issues

So one of my M200s isn't registering the bed at the correct height. I noticed it first last night. It started a print and instead of the bed coming up to the nozzle and checking the height, it rose midway and then went through the height check process without ever touching the nozzle. It then proceeded to start printing with the bed at it's position in the middle of the printer. Filament just printing into the air.

I ran through the bed calibration this morning and everything seem to work fine. Went ahead and ran a 3hr print with no issues. This afternoon I started another print and had the same issue. Decided to recalibrate the bed again (cause it seemed to work earlier) but this time it did not. The bed rose about half way and it went through it's process without touching the bed. It finally gave me an error message. Can't remember what the message was. Had to leave. I'll look at it in more detail in the morning but I thought maybe someone here might have had a similar problem.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

1) We've fixed Z-Axis dimensions in latest Z-Suite update (1.6.1.1). Have you updated?

2) HW version of that printer? (could be checked through menu)

Yeah, sorry, I forgot to mention that. I noticed that in your notes. The first time it did it I had sliced it with the older version of the software. I then saw you had an update and saw that you had fixed the Z-Axis issues so I obviously thought that was my problem! I updated Z-Suite and sliced it again but had the same issue.

So this morning I tried the same print in my other M200. I just swapped the SD Card from one printer to the other. It printed fine. No issues.

Printer with issue:

Firmware: 1.0.1

Hardware Version: 03

Printer with no issues:

Firmware: 1.0.1

Hardware Version: 04

So I switched the beds on my two M200s. The non issue printer (Hardware 04) worked fine. Calibrated and started printing like normal. One the one with the issue (Hardware 03), I got it to calibrate. It took way longer than normal. At one point it gave me a "Calibration Failed" message which I have never gotten. I tried again and it finally calibrated. I started a print and the same thing happened, it check the bed height with out every coming near the bed and then started the print in the middle of the air.

I tried printing two more times. Once, I raised the platform so that it was about 15mm from the nozzle. Same thing but at that height. Next I tried the same thing again only it gave me a support error and then it started moving the platform down. It got all the way to the bottom and kept trying to go down. I had to turn the machine off.

This is a printer issue, not a file issue. I've tried files both before and after the update. All the files work on Hardware 04 and don't on Hardware 03. What else could it be Marcin?

So I switched the beds on my two M200s. The non issue printer (Hardware 04) worked fine. Calibrated and started printing like normal. One the one with the issue (Hardware 03), I got it to calibrate. It took way longer than normal. At one point it gave me a "Calibration Failed" message which I have never gotten. I tried again and it finally calibrated. I started a print and the same thing happened, it check the bed height with out every coming near the bed and then started the print in the middle of the air.

I tried printing two more times. Once, I raised the platform so that it was about 15mm from the nozzle. Same thing but at that height. Next I tried the same thing again only it gave me a support error and then it started moving the platform down. It got all the way to the bottom and kept trying to go down. I had to turn the machine off.

This is a printer issue, not a file issue. I've tried files both before and after the update. All the files work on Hardware 04 and don't on Hardware 03. What else could it be Marcin?

Most likely - perforated plate / heatbed cable but heater&thermocoupler set also could be causing similar issues. You can try to swap plate / heatbed cable / heater (one at the time) with working printer and check the result.