Belts degradation?

Hello! I have a question if it is ok that some belts show a little degradation. The more i print the more copper becomes visible. If it's ok so it will stop doing that some time later - i'll deal with it :)

or should i just move some pulleys? Will i void the warranty doing it?

The printer is a V4 model. Total print time is only about 30-40 hours

Here's a video:

[video=youtube;0N_IZt_uPvM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N_IZt_uPvM[/video]

I had something similar with another printer (other brand), it was caused by a wrong mounted pulley but it was glued and the axis assembly had to be changed.

I would suggest opening a support case and show this support (they officialy do not monitor the forum), not doing anything yourself on a brand new printer.

Not much to worry about IMO, but do check if all the pulleys are tight and centered.

Careful with the grub screws, they're very soft.

Capture.PNG

My belts look better than the ones showed after using the printer for months and I cannot see any degration while printing.

If I did not got/translated something wrong I would tell that an ongoing wear off the belt is not normal.

My belts look better than the ones showed after using the printer for months and I cannot see any degration while printing.

If I did not got/translated something wrong I would tell that an ongoing wear off the belt is not normal.

Sure it's not OK, my point was it's not a major issue. Maybe slightly not aligned/slipping pulleys - which is reason for support ticket.

Mine look worse (1.5 years or so) but the belts are pretty tough.

it looks good I got belt wearing with my second Zortrax (it was easy to fix) if any displacement exist then belt looks hairy and hairy means it growing heavy fur at every hour of print

Thank you guys for your help. Opened a support ticket and communicating with the support now. But feedback from you can still help greatly!

Not much to worry about IMO, but do check if all the pulleys are tight and centered.

Careful with the grub screws, they’re very soft.

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

How do i check if those are centered? :slight_smile:

it looks good I got belt wearing with my second Zortrax (it was easy to fix) if any displacement exist then belt looks hairy and hairy means it growing heavy fur at every hour of print

what was the cause in your case and how did you fix it?

Thank you in advance!