Bridging the top of screw holes

So I have some 3mm vertical screw holes in my model, they are roughly 14mm in height.

The Zortrax software creates a 'support' inside it which is obviously a PITA to remove. The slicer seems to create bigger bridges than this on its own supports so does my screw hole need support?

I already have an easy solution to the problem by just making the top of the screw holes slanted but it seems like an odd thing for the slicer to do...?

Smart bridge option should stop that. 

If not, at the end of the screw holes, add a v-point at an angle less than the support angle setting.

http://imgur.com/a/EtNos

http://imgur.com/a/XHeXB

Smart bridges was on unfortunately.

Yea I already added a point to them which is an easy fix, I was just trying to understand why it was happening. 

Oh I missed the last line.

Actually i think it's a bug with smart bridges

With smart bridges on:

set .09 layer,  0 degree support   =  no bridge  OK

set .09 layer, 10 degree support  =  full bridge  ?

set .09 layer, 80 degree support  =  no bridge ?

... increasing support angle to maximum, decrease support generated... ?

Gets weirder when changing layer height

And there I was thinking having your own proprietary software was meant to make things simpler...

I guess I stick to 'fixing' these issues in my modelling software. 

Hasn't been reported in the bug tracker,  i'll add it.

So I have some 3mm vertical screw holes in my model, they are roughly 14mm in height.

The Zortrax software creates a ‘support’ inside it which is obviously a PITA to remove. The slicer seems to create bigger bridges than this on its own supports so does my screw hole need support?

I already have an easy solution to the problem by just making the top of the screw holes slanted but it seems like an odd thing for the slicer to do…?

When I run into that problem I put a 45-degree cone in the bottom of my screw hole that will trick the software not to put support in the whole works very good