Brittle print

I decided to print a design for an office organizer and after 5 hrs the print was nice, very nice. I went and started taking the support off and the thing crushed. I’m wondering if it was just cause of thin wall or is it the material itself. It doesn’t seem to pliable at all.

Here is the after product:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-_LvnF2rXtv4/UxDV1J_PfqI/AAAAAAAAAJg/ZpRr1Qj8FSo/w424-h426-p/IMG_3875.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ZgoOIccYj0I/UxDV1GEvHiI/AAAAAAAAAJk/YepJ2znWKYw/s346-p/IMG_3874.jpg

All breaks seem to be along the layer direction. So the material itself did not “break”, the adhesion between the layers seems to be too weak. What fan setting did you use?

Mabey too high setting with fan speed? Seems like layers don’t bond propely.

When did you get that white filament? Some of the early stuff wasn’t very good.

Fan speed was set at 40 I believe and its the material I got with the printer. I’m waiting on PC profile before I order more material. I guess I should order some of the new stuff then.

Oh I’m sorry i posted this in the wrong section. My eyes apparently aren’t working that well today. My bad

This is the correct section for print problems. The faulty filament was yellowish rather than snow-white, and it had really bad layer adhesion.

What is the ambient temp in the room where you printed it and do you have any kind of enclosure for the sides?

My filament is snow white and I haven’t had any problems with other prints. Been doing small design print tests and they have been good. Just arrangement issues with Zsuite lol. But first large object I tried.

Now my dang suite won’t even open. Tryin to figure that out. I deleted Autodesk trial and backburnermanager and now it doesn’t open. I even deleted and reinstalled and frameworks too. lol

So whenever I get that situated I will try the print again with lower fan setting.

cheers

So apparently twice this happened where Zsuite would just not open and had to go into package contents and start the program from there. after that it works from the icon. Go figure. lol

[quote name=HeavenlyCreation]Fan speed was set at 40 I believe and its the material I got with the printer. I’m waiting on PC profile before I order more material. I guess I should order some of the new stuff then.
[/quote]

Fan speed manual settings was done for small figurines.

Increasing of air cooling decrease layers bonding but increase small details quality. This is why 20% is as default, but for some models which require additional strength 0% is the best.

Best Regards

Oh cool. Thanks I was curious on the fan speed ratio. Cheers