Burn marks in final print

I noticed that when I print models with smaller details the extruder tends to burn light colour filaments creating brownish spots that are visible on the final print. I always clean the print head before printing. What might be the problem?

For the beginning please check your heat-bed leveling using 3 nuts below the bed. 

I've noticed the same thing with yellow, when print the finger tips for the Cyborg Beast from Thingiverse.  The problem there only occurs near the holes for the tendons in the very tip of the fingers and on only a couple of the five I've printed so far.

Mike

For small prints use more fan..

Strange I have printed a few of those parts in warm grey and they come perfect. Sometimes it can be due to a dirty nozzle. But even cleaning them it happens time to time even on professional high end equipments.

Strange I have printed a few of those parts in warm grey and they come perfect. Sometimes it can be due to a dirty nozzle. But even cleaning them it happens time to time even on professional high end equipments.

I didn't really think it was a big deal and was actually quite impressed with the quality of the print.  In hindsight a dirty nozzle was probably to blame for the small burn marks.  I try to clean it pretty often but slip up once in a while.

Mike