burns in every print

Hi everyone.

Got a m200 last week on friday and since I have been doing 1/2 prints every day, 10 in total now..

prints are done in ultra-T most at 0.19 normal speed. 1 at 0.14 normal and one high speed. and some variations with random/normal seams.

I started getting burns after the third print or so.  SO first thing I did was cleaning the nozzle before print (acetone cloth). and making sure during calibration there was no curl of filament before head starts printing. Also did a recalibration of heatbed and after 6th print I did the ABS-juice thing because I was getting warping.

here's the pile so far.. (I am giving it a try to remake mu paper led light in 3d print)

P1020876.jpg

burns are already appearing when printing the first layers of object

P1020869.jpg

and another one raft side:

P1020873.jpg

this is burn at seam (seams were random but when random chosen seams only appear at every edge of pentahedron).

P1020874.jpg

this is when normal seam is chosen: 

P1020855.jpg

and another one with normal seam:

P1020853.jpg

out of 10, only 4 are 'almost' without burns.. the other 6 have very visible burns which are really visible because of white material and no intention to sand/paint.

Although I clean my head after every print the head is really dirty after print:

P1020882.jpg

what can be the reason for these burns?

there's one thing I don't know if that's related.. because burns also appear with normal seam but when doing random seams the head has to move sometimes and I noticed that sometimes it makes this squaky noise: you can hear it in this video.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4912728/div/zortrax/Untitled.mp4

the noise only appears when doing a n movement of the head from left to right and this movement is caused by placing of random seams so it does not happen every layer.. I had to record 5 minutes of video to hear it again.  Could it be that something is loose?  and therefor also causing trouble when doing the normal seams (when head is never travelling that fast in x direction..

any opinions?

I think the burns are really ruining the otherwise good prints.

Bert

Hi Rafal, Thnkz for looking into it! I pm'ed you the files.

I think UltraT is more prone to this nozzle buildup and burn thing; have you tried Z-ABS?

my Ultrat prints look the same... although my nozzle looks a lot cleaner. I'm sure the Z-Crew will come up with a fix! :D

Same here.

I think UltraT is more prone to this nozzle buildup and burn thing; have you tried Z-ABS?

Same here.

I also see this problems in my last prints using Z-ULTRAT.

Overall we know this issue and we working to fix it ASAP.

Best Regards

@Martin, I am confident you'll fix it :-)

@ Julia, yes I tried z-abs on 2 off the same items and they did not get burns.

As Martin's post above indicates problem seems to be with the z-ultra. 

I will do a test ttomorrow if my nozzle also gets so dirty so quick with abs.

did anyone see/listen to the sound in my clip?

(https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4912728/div/zortrax/Untitled.mp4)

is this something to worry about?

did anyone see/listen to the sound in my clip?

I know this song!

Sometimes when rafting, on the same axis.

I thought was horrible but not dangerous.

thnkz! that's good to know!

What fan speed were you using?

I have been printing a lot of things in white Z-ABS recently and don't have any burning problems.  My nozzle stays much cleaner than that too.

Z-ABS is good...Ultrat has the issues.

Martin…

for me the same problems with ultrat … I should make urgent prints and then ask an indication for the timing of the solution …

Thanks…!!!

It would be good to know which last software/firmware combo was still good with Ultrat.

Martin, can you give us a hint?

That"s right Andre!

Rafal… thanks for the info … I organize for Tuesday … :slight_smile:

Great to hear that this will be improved. Actually I have seen it with UltraT since Day One.

thnkz in advance!

Just curious… what did you do to fix it?

Best

Andreas

@ Zortrax team... news about update? you work on it?

Zortrax team, thanks!  z-suite update seems to have fixed the issue!  just looking at first 2 prints I started yesterday and they don't have burns!

thanks for the fix!