Cannot get this 3d model to print for the life of me on the m200

Hey guys,

I've been trying to get this model printed for an upcoming video and I have not been able to get it to print at all on the M200. 

This isn't my first rodeo in printing as some of you may know but holy moly this is not an easy print on the m200.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1071493

20160606_025321.jpg

Here's some of the settings I've used

Filament Type: Z-ABS

Layer height : .14 

Speed: Normal

Infill: Solid

Support Angle: 20°

Fan: Auto

-------------------------

Infill: Full

Support Angle: 10° lite

--------------------------

Support Angle: 10°

Support Angle: 0°

Layer height : .19 

Support Angle: 0°

Support Angle: 10°

Support Angle: 10° lite

Angle: 10°

After all that and releveling the bed multiple times as well as cleaning under the perforated board still no luck.

Any thoughts? 

You did not explain how the prints stopped, just no more extrusion?

The uploaded pic is kinda lowres, hard to tell from that but the support on the left part looks a bit odd to me.

If both things apply (extrusion stop, odd support) I would suspect the filament dia / quality / humidity, extruder gear / tube / nozzle cleanness, filament drag, temp being not in balance.

After all that and releveling the bed multiple times as well as cleaning under the perforated board still no luck.

The raft on the left looks flat and the part like stuck to it, why do you mention this (did the part lift off or did you experience warping)?

You did not explain how the prints stopped, just no more extrusion?

The uploaded pic is kinda lowres, hard to tell from that but the support on the left part looks a bit odd to me.

If both things apply (extrusion stop, odd support) I would suspect the filament dia / quality / humidity, extruder gear / tube / nozzle cleanness, filament drag, temp being not in balance.

The raft on the left looks flat and the part like stuck to it, why do you mention this (did the part lift off or did you experience warping)?

Filament was never clogged at any point in time. The nozzle appears to knock down important support beams or actual parts of the model. 

Raft has never lifted and no issues with adhesion.

Next thing people will refer to is the bed must not be level and that's not the case.

Next thing people will refer to is the bed must not be level and that's not the case.

Actually I was questioning any issues with the bed, that's why I asked why you mentioned that you leveled it.

Still have no idea what stopped your prints, was it yourself being not satisfied with the result?

I stay on my earlier statement: "I would suspect the filament dia / quality / humidity, extruder gear / tube / nozzle cleanness, filament drag, temp being not in balance."

Would check / clean, service the filament path and try with new spool and new nozzle.

Actually I was questioning any issues with the bed, that's why I asked why you mentioned that you leveled it.

Still have no idea what stopped your prints, was it yourself being not satisfied with the result?

I stay on my earlier statement: "I would suspect the filament dia / quality / humidity, extruder gear / tube / nozzle cleanness, filament drag, temp being not in balance."

Would check / clean, service the filament path and try with new spool and new nozzle.

Not sure either, but the supports for the skull on the left do not look good.

Agreed I changed the nozzle already but no go on that but next is a new spool. Some of the prints I stopped as they were already failing.

I changed to another print for the time being so I can get the video out faster but I really wanted this model. 

Not sure either, but the supports for the skull on the left do not look good.

I agree

Try using Z-UltraT. I had a tricky print that failed 3 times with Z-ABS, where parts would break off 3/4 the way up. Swapped to UltraT and success first time. It's a stronger plastic with better adhesion.

Good luck.

Does it have to be printed that small? I'm sure it'd be easier if it was scaled up a bit.

I printed two versions of that model a while ago. It should be printed without support afair, as the model already contains support.

See the small sticks in the eyesocket or the inside of the head.

You can break them off after printing. Generally it came out pretty nicely, just a bit of cleanup necessary with the scalpel.

I think I printed one scaled down version with White Z-ABS and one in original size with Z-Glass.

Hope it helps,

Tobias <-Still failing with "Paris Lamp" print :-)

Try using Z-UltraT. I had a tricky print that failed 3 times with Z-ABS, where parts would break off 3/4 the way up. Swapped to UltraT and success first time. It's a stronger plastic with better adhesion.

Good luck.

Unfortunately I'm stuck using ABS due to time constraints and I don't have any Z-Ultra =/

Does it have to be printed that small? I'm sure it'd be easier if it was scaled up a bit.

I'm going to be doing a lost ABS cast so I wanted more leeway for sprues and risers but I'm currently scalling it up more.

I printed two versions of that model a while ago. It should be printed without support afair, as the model already contains support.

See the small sticks in the eyesocket or the inside of the head.

You can break them off after printing. Generally it came out pretty nicely, just a bit of cleanup necessary with the scalpel.

I think I printed one scaled down version with White Z-ABS and one in original size with Z-Glass.

Hope it helps,

Tobias <-Still failing with "Paris Lamp" print :-)

Hmm that really trips me out then lol!

We will see if this new spool works out when I get home from work.

Currently printing the skull scaled to 125%.

A few burn marks at the bottom, but for being printed without extra support it looks ok I think.

A few burn marks at the bottom, but for being printed without extra support it looks ok I think.

That would have been perfect for my application!! It has to be the filament, I've changed everything else.

We shall see what happend when I get home.