Can't find any reviews of the Inventure anywhere apart from the one link here! Strange...

Hi,

I'm seriously considering getting an Inventure but can't see any unbiased reviews of the Inventure anywhere!

Searching on Youtube it's pretty much non-existent apart from resellers - what's going on?! It's like it doesn't even exist!

Why haven't Zortrax sent out review machines to 3D printing influencers to review them? There are loads of reviews of Zortrax M200's.. Really weird and very hard for people to make reasoned decisions on buying the machines. I never depend on just the salespeople from a company to sell me anything, I need independent, unbiased opinions. There are also no reviews of it over on 3DHubs. 

Cheers

Hi Newbie,

February 1 I bought the Inventure with DSS station.

Printed a model with not so much Z-Support.

After 10 hours in the DSS station with 50º water, the Z-Support was not yet dissolved, it became more like chewing gum.

Zortrax replied that the issue was due to my model. Zortrax printed my model, a spherical roller bearing, and after 40 hours in DSS, the support was not dissolved, Zortrax told me.

I did print a few other models, but the drawback with the S-Support made me leave the Inventor unused in a corner. I am extremely satisfied with my M200, in use since April 2016, and am thinking of getting the M200 Plus.

The DSS station is quite noisy which adds to my reluctance.

Best regards

Hans

Hi,

I'm seriously considering getting an Inventure but can't see any unbiased reviews of the Inventure anywhere!

Searching on Youtube it's pretty much non-existent apart from resellers - what's going on?! It's like it doesn't even exist!

Why haven't Zortrax sent out review machines to 3D printing influencers to review them? There are loads of reviews of Zortrax M200's.. Really weird and very hard for people to make reasoned decisions on buying the machines. I never depend on just the salespeople from a company to sell me anything, I need independent, unbiased opinions. There are also no reviews of it over on 3DHubs. 

Cheers

Here you have a review:

http://www.3dpworld.it/index.php/2017/07/17/zortrax-inventure-review/

If you need a sample from the Zortrax Inventure, please contact me via PM.

Hi Newbie,

February 1 I bought the Inventure with DSS station.

Printed a model with not so much Z-Support.

After 10 hours in the DSS station with 50º water, the Z-Support was not yet dissolved, it became more like chewing gum.

Zortrax replied that the issue was due to my model. Zortrax printed my model, a spherical roller bearing, and after 40 hours in DSS, the support was not dissolved, Zortrax told me.

I did print a few other models, but the drawback with the S-Support made me leave the Inventor unused in a corner. I am extremely satisfied with my M200, in use since April 2016, and am thinking of getting the M200 Plus.

The DSS station is quite noisy which adds to my reluctance.

Best regards

Hans

Yeah, the shape and geometry of the model caused that the support material accumulated at one spot which could be reached by flow of water only from one direction. After manually removing some of it, we managed to get a clean finish.

Anyway, we're still working on improving the supports for Inventure, so we'll keep you up to date with the status.

If you have any questions, just contact me via PM.

Here you have a review:

http://www.3dpworld.it/index.php/2017/07/17/zortrax-inventure-review/

If you need a sample from the Zortrax Inventure, please contact me via PM.

The original poster asked for an unbiased review of the printer. What your (Zortrax staff) link is pointing to is not a review just an unreflected rewrite of the Zortrax announcements for the Inventure.

The writers conclusion for the printer is: "As Overall I believe the Zortrax Inventure is an very useful printer which would easily compete with 3D printers in the professional level industry which the cheapest cost more than $200000 to start with. SO for only € 2699 the Zortrax is an Winner ."

So that guy has believes re that printer and his competing industrial pro printers wich are unnamed, let alone compared on any features.

Finally that guy's believes might be caused by having not printed anything on the Inventure, since not a single print is shown, nor given any statements about the printing and support dissolve process expierience, process times and printing cost. Very professional and unbiased report, folks!

A buyer of a really expensive professional machine does not look for reviews on Facebook, Youtube and the like. They will likely ask the manufacturer for samples of some specific models they care for.

I would take Zortrax' offer and ask for a sample of a difficult model supplied by yourself. Maybe do the same with other manufacturers in the same price range. You don't have to rely on sales talk.

Reviews by the "influencer" channels i think are overrated. While there are people who know their stuff, they typically do not have a business that depends on reliably printed parts (of industrial materials) nor have most of their viewers. In that sense, they are also biased (social printing). They concentrate on what is hot today, and the Inventure probably lost some of its hot-ness in the delay between announcemnt and shipping.

Regards,
Roel

Thanks for the comments - it still seems crazy that there are no 'real' reviews out there.

The argument about 'professionals' using it and not watching Youtube for reliable reviews doesn't really hold up because I know lots of professionals using the m200 and there are loads of reviews for that everywhere. Plus you can always filter the review based on what your needs for the printer are.

I have received a sample from the Inventure from Zortrax. Pretty good, but again, it's from the manufacturer - I want a review that is completely unbiased! Cherry-picking a sample from the machine is easy and doesn't flag up any usability issues. Also, the sample is in PLA, not higher end engineering materials that I want to use.

It's also not good for sales not having any reviews - Zortrax, you understand that right? That's how the Prusa is selling so many. And the Creality CR-10. And the Ultimaker 3. And your own M200!

Thanks

Thanks for the comments - it still seems crazy that there are no 'real' reviews out there.

The argument about 'professionals' using it and not watching Youtube for reliable reviews doesn't really hold up because I know lots of professionals using the m200 and there are loads of reviews for that everywhere. Plus you can always filter the review based on what your needs for the printer are.

I have received a sample from the Inventure from Zortrax. Pretty good, but again, it's from the manufacturer - I want a review that is completely unbiased! Cherry-picking a sample from the machine is easy and doesn't flag up any usability issues. Also, the sample is in PLA, not higher end engineering materials that I want to use.

It's also not good for sales not having any reviews - Zortrax, you understand that right? That's how the Prusa is selling so many. And the Creality CR-10. And the Ultimaker 3. And your own M200!

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback.

Would you like me to print a sample from you from the Inventure? If so, please contact me via PM and send me an stl.

Yesterday I returned my Inventure to the reseller and today I will unpack my M200 Plus.

Hello Hansl,

it would be nice to share the differences between the M200 and the M200 PLUS : print quality, ease of use with the new touch screen.

One particular point interest me : what difference (if there is one) between the extruder of the M200 PLUS and the extruder of the M200 : when we look at the two extruders, they seem perfectly identical : why the extruder of the M200 PLUS would be better for the flexible filament ?

The extruder of the M200 does not do its job well : it does not adapt well to the flexible filament, too hard filament (nylon and carbon or glass fiber) or filament that does not have a constant diameter. A pressure spring is missing in the mechanism. Is there another mechanism in the M200 PLUS anymore?

A big thank you if you can compare.

Axel

Hello Hansl,

it would be nice to share the differences between the M200 and the M200 PLUS : print quality, ease of use with the new touch screen.

One particular point interest me : what difference (if there is one) between the extruder of the M200 PLUS and the extruder of the M200 : when we look at the two extruders, they seem perfectly identical : why the extruder of the M200 PLUS would be better for the flexible filament ?

The extruder of the M200 does not do its job well : it does not adapt well to the flexible filament, too hard filament (nylon and carbon or glass fiber) or filament that does not have a constant diameter. A pressure spring is missing in the mechanism. Is there another mechanism in the M200 PLUS anymore?

A big thank you if you can compare.

Axel

I just received my M200+ 2 days ago but I'm an impatient so first what I have done is disassembly extruder ;) Upper part is modified and at the place where is an extruder motor mounted there is an additional pocket with inserted CNC machined part it keeps filament straight and does not let it wrap around gear which was the main problem with flexible materials. Instead of pressure spring, deep teeth gear compensate filament differences which is ok and also Hotend is different V3. I did a fast test using cheapest flex material and it printed without any problem using Z-SEMIFLEX profile the next print which I tested was the cheapest PLA and it went perfectly, seems all extruder and material problems are solved thanks to new hotend and extruder modification.

Touchscreen and LCD are from the upper league this is not cheapo foil touch but high-quality capacitive glass for touch and judging from contrast and visibility LCD is for sure IPS.

The user interface is just ok nothing fancy nothing bad as for something between beta and the first release it is going into a good direction. The main motherboard which powering the hardware is exactly same the wifi slot is used to communicate with LCD panel, the back end is exactly same just front end is replaced into android powered UI.

" I just received my M200+ 2 days ago but I'm an impatient so first what I have done is disassembly extruder ;) Upper part is modified and at the place where is an extruder motor mounted there is an additional pocket with inserted CNC machined part it keeps filament straight and does not let it wrap around gear which was the main problem with flexible materials. Instead of pressure spring, deep teeth gear compensate filament differences which is ok and also Hotend is different V3. I did a fast test using cheapest flex material and it printed without any problem using Z-SEMIFLEX profile the next print which I tested was the cheapest PLA and it went perfectly, seems all extruder and material problems are solved thanks to new hotend and extruder modification."

it would be great if you could take a picture to understand better ... :)  :ph34r: