Carbon setting

Here I open a topic for carbon filament tuning.
What speed, retractation, temperature plate and extruder etc .... thank you all passionate

Hello, PETG-FC received this morning, I will share my tests here in the coming days.

..carbon..get ready to stock up on nozzles..

Anyone been doing any more testing? I have a CF-PETG I've been struggling with. Thanks.

What settings are you using? 

I’ve printed about 6 kilos of Colorfabb XT-CF as well as some Nylon CF, not with the Zortrax though. Good flow and high layers is recommended.

One big issue is nozzle ofc, all my other printers are running Ruby Nozzles, even stainless/hardened ones will wear noticeable. The standard brass nozzle will wear out after 200-300 gr, and a stainless/hardened one will be garbage after a few kilos.

I use alot of carbon on my zortrax, abs-cf, nylon-cf and pla-cf. I slice using abs base material so i can get the highest resolution, leave the plate and nozzle temp the same ( 80 & 275 ), .80mm retract dist, 40mms speed and depending on the size i slow the print down by 10%. I also pause the print after the raft is built to let it cool before the part starts.

I just changed my nozzle for the first time (went through atleast 5 spools of CF), not because of qual issue but i felt it was time and i wouldnt hurt but improve.

I use alot of carbon on my zortrax, abs-cf, nylon-cf and pla-cf. I slice using abs base material so i can get the highest resolution, leave the plate and nozzle temp the same ( 80 & 275 ), .80mm retract dist, 40mms speed and depending on the size i slow the print down by 10%. I also pause the print after the raft is built to let it cool before the part starts.

I just changed my nozzle for the first time (went through atleast 5 spools of CF), not because of qual issue but i felt it was time and i wouldnt hurt but improve.

Thanks. This helped. Which ones are your favorite, and where do you buy them from?