Change infill?

hi!

I’ve mainly bought the M300 to print big stuff, and as I wrote in another thread regarding choice of filament I’m going to print a rear wing for a racecar divided in 12 parts. Each part 250mm tall and 160mm long.

We’ve done some extensive tests when it comes to infill % and what type of infill to use. The infill pattern is of a second nature, even though a triangular infill pattern seemed best suited for us, the infill % though is really important, and I want to use 10% infill when printing the wings. We don’t need more than that for stability and we also need the wing to be as heavy has possible. If I slice the wing with LOW infill it seems to be around 20% which is way to much for this project, also it seems to use 3 outlines which is also something I want to cut down to 2 outlines (saves a lot of weight as well and are strong enough), I really hope this is possible to change!?

Best Regards Patrik

Wait for Z-SUITE 2.0 Beta

infill.gif

Wait for Z-SUITE 2.0 Beta

attachicon.gifinfill.gif

Good news! Any ETA on that? I was kind of hoping to print the wings before vacation (which starts in one week...) after the vacation its race time! :D

Looking at the gif though, that looks like different density (thickness) of the Infill structures itself? 

What I would like to have is different infill - %, all with the same density though (one line thickness)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPA6fusgFWR/?taken-by=speedlabracing

Others pattern in the future ?

Others pattern in the future ?

Most likely, yes. 

Good news! Any ETA on that? I was kind of hoping to print the wings before vacation (which starts in one week...) after the vacation its race time! :D

Looking at the gif though, that looks like different density (thickness) of the Infill structures itself? 

What I would like to have is different infill - %, all with the same density though (one line thickness)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPA6fusgFWR/?taken-by=speedlabracing

Public release is set for 18th of July.

If I send you some STL files, could you slice them with 10% infill for me? :D

just download the z-tool and simplify3d if you need a quick and working solution...

just download the z-tool and simplify3d if you need a quick and working solution...

or send me the stl I will send you a working 10% zcode ;)

Is the BETA announced somewhere or do I have to register somewhere to be included for beta testing?

regards P

Come on, dont be insolent. We all know that software exists and Im turning blind eye on it but advertising it here, isnt fair. 

Of course, do it through PM.

Is the BETA announced somewhere or do I have to register somewhere to be included for beta testing?

regards P

Its going to be, most likely in singup form. Today, beta is going to be available for our partners. 

Come on, dont be insolent. We all know that software exists and Im turning blind eye on it but advertising it here, isnt fair. 

Of course, do it through PM.

Its going to be, most likely in singup form. Today, beta is going to be available for our partners. 

Honestly using another slicer + Ztool kind of kills the business case to buy an M300, I've tested it and the process kind of works but IMHO the strength of the M300 (after only using it for a few days) is the controlled environment. With a certified/tested slicer and material. 

If you spend 5000 USD on a 3D printer like this and then start to work with external slicer and third party java applications you could really just have bought a CR-10.

I’ve thrown all kinds of models to the M300, everything from a really small and detailed guitar pick to the Alina Dragon, and im stunned by the quality, especially with the HIPS material. Comparing the prints to some of the prints from my Form 2 printer its sometimes actually hard to say which one is FDM and which one is SLA.

Best Regards Patrik