"Check perforated plate contacts and restart the printer" on starting

Good morning, 

since yesterday I'm having this message, "Check perforated plate contacts and restart the printer", almost every time I turn the printer on, and if the M200 turns on correctly, the message appears when i try to launch a print or other functions.

I updated the firmware to the 1.0.1 yesterday, and after some prints it started to give this problem. I tried to restore 0.0.8 firmware with no luck. Where could the problem be? On perforated plate? Connector?

I cleaned the plate but with no luck. 

Thanks in advance.

Good morning, 

since yesterday I'm having this message, "Check perforated plate contacts and restart the printer", almost every time I turn the printer on, and if the M200 turns on correctly, the message appears when i try to launch a print or other functions.

I updated the firmware to the 1.0.1 yesterday, and after some prints it started to give this problem. I tried to restore 0.0.8 firmware with no luck. Where could the problem be? On perforated plate? Connector?

I cleaned the plate but with no luck. 

Thanks in advance.

Both, but most likely its Perforated Plate. 

There was no error below <1.0 firmware because there wasn't any watchdogs implemented. 

Thanks Marcin, this afternoon I ordered a new plate. I'll try tomorrow with the new one, fingers crossed. I'll keep you updated on the situation evolution.

I bougth the printer in november, and sometimes I've had issues with autocalibration (plate not touching the noozle and going down to the bottom) and sometimes with print starts (printer sometimes starts to print at 1cm distance from the surface of the plate). I hope the new plate will resolve all this issues.

Thanks again, Piero

Have a look at the small connector's attachment to the perfboard, with a good magnifying glass. You may see a tiny short or open circuit that can be easily fixed with a soldering iron.

I am seeing a reoccurring problem with the updates that is starting to disrupt my work flow occasionally. With each new update we get more safeguards, which I love the idea of, but there are issues with the updates. The Zortrax has a lot of parts that are quite frankly cheap beyond belief. Not just that but a lot of printers have "defective" parts that showed no signs of issue before the safeguards. On some occasions we see that the error we are getting is legitimate and is working as intended however quite often some of the machines that are brand new have defective parts. These defective parts should have been caught in the factory and replaced before they left for a customer, sometimes the parts get damaged in shipping and Zortrax cannot help that but more often then not that is not the case. Those of you in the EU could not care much as it only disrupts you for a few days, outside the EU is a whole other issue for getting replacements. (I am not starting up this argument again only making a point)

Lets say over the last year only one platform heater cable had issue (that I recall), then 1.0.0 rolls around and we get a new safeguard for that cable and bed plate. I know of at least 4 bed plate cables in need of replacement on relatively new machines in the past 6 weeks. What I am getting at is I believe the safeguards are way to sensitive for how cheap the parts are in reality. There needs to be some percentage of variance aloud when detecting a problem. As it stands we can clearly see the variance in printer problem's on this forum alone. I am not saying to use much more expensive parts and increase the price, just don't half ass the connectors to the point where the cables are not even seated inside the Molex connectors!

The Zortrax M200 is a damn fine machine without all the safeguards, the problem is we are starting to see the quality of the machine is build off of (for lack of better words) shitty parts and cables. The low quality of the individual parts is starting to show much more clearly with each update. I find that unfortunate because eventually even those in the EU will run out of warranty time and be forced to buy their parts. 

For those saying this is just another NS tirade about something different, you may be right and I want to hear both sides of this issue in a calm and collected manner.

-NS

Actually it's the same with Z-Suite.

Models that printed properly before have to be adjusted or printed with the old Z-Code.

<span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">“<em>Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien</em>." - Voltaire</span>

Actually it's the same with Z-Suite.

Models that printed properly before have to be adjusted or printed with the old Z-Code.

And sometimes you can't even downgrade to an older ZSuite version.  I'm having that problem now and am stuck at 1.4.0 as nothing earlier will load.

And sometimes you can't even downgrade to an older ZSuite version.  I'm having that problem now and am stuck at 1.4.0 as nothing earlier will load.

Yes, this is a really awful thing to do to your customers.

Are you on Mac or Windows?

I have 0.9.6, 1.0.2 and 1.2.? running on my Pro in parallel and 1.4.1 on my MacBook.

If I remember it right I downgraded successfully on both machines already.

It was not straightforward, but removing Z-Suite and Mono with the cleanup script from their website it worked always.

Bonjour Julia,

“Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." - Voltaire

Puisque vous parlez ou comprenez le français, sachez, sauf erreur de ma part, que cette citation serait en fait attribuée à Montesquieu, autre écrivain français du 17-18 ième siecle.

Problem can be solved this way

http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/topic/2371-auto-calibration-failed-noozle-crash-into-plate/#entry26854

Last post

Bonjour Julia,

“Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." - Voltaire

Puisque vous parlez ou comprenez le français, sachez, sauf erreur de ma part, que cette citation serait en fait attribuée à Montesquieu, autre écrivain français du 17-18 ième siecle.

Merci! Vous avez raison qu'il n'a pas tiré son origine du Voltaire, mais il est crédité d'avoir popularisé. :) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_is_the_enemy_of_good

Anyway, it's one of my favorite sayings, right up there with "No good deed goes unpunished".

I installed a new perforated plate, and all is ok. I think the original plate was not ok from the beginning, now all goes smoothly.

Are you on Mac or Windows?

I have 0.9.6, 1.0.2 and 1.2.? running on my Pro in parallel and 1.4.1 on my MacBook.

If I remember it right I downgraded successfully on both machines already.

It was not straightforward, but removing Z-Suite and Mono with the cleanup script from their website it worked always.

Windows 7.  I tried Windows uninstall app for 3rd party programs and that wouldn't work either.  Someone told me via Bug Tracker that it will be fixed in 1.5.  In the meantime the prints are so bad on the bottom that there is no use printing most jobs.  It's getting a little difficult to recommend this printer to friends, though most are impressed by the prints made before this problem started..

Then it's most likely a .NET Framework issue or something that doesn't get uninstalled from Z-Suite and could be a mess to figure it out.

Zortrax should be able to help here (and willing).