Clicking axis

Hi!

I am experiencing strange problem. While printing or moving the extruder by hand there is an clicking sound audible from the x axis. Please check the video below that I've recordered. The clicking take place only while moving from left-right/righ-left. Never while moving front-back/back-front. I think I have check all the screws, nothing seems to be loose or missing. any ideas? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXZE1UKtVEM

Thank!

Hi!

I am experiencing strange problem. While printing or moving the extruder by hand there is an clicking sound audible from the x axis. Please check the video below that I've recordered. The clicking take place only while moving from left-right/righ-left. Never while moving front-back/back-front. I think I have check all the screws, nothing seems to be loose or missing. any ideas? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXZE1UKtVEM

Thank!

It's most likely comes from self aligning bearings, it won't affect your prints at all but I'm aware that could be disturbing. 

Thanks for the reply.The bearing you are mentioning are the one to which long belts are connected? Yes it is very irritating. Anything I can do to get rid of it?

Edit: ohh these are the bearings at each end of the axis rod, am I right?

Thanks for the reply.The bearing you are mentioning are the one to which long belts are connected? Yes it is very irritating. Anything I can do to get rid of it?

Edit: ohh these are the bearings at each end of the axis rod, am I right?

You are right ;)

972fd2a1c5eb4fbc8167b482f404c5bd.png

We don't have bearings itself for selling purposes, you'd have to buy whole X/Y axes set. (~70$ each)

If your printer is out of warranty already, you may try homemade methods, like using Loctite (638) glue on it or buy bearings on your own - its KFL08 if I'm not mistaken.

I have the same problem, but where exactly on the bearings schould I use Loctite (638)?

Hi, take a look at the picture. This is exactly where Loctite should be applied. Still, you need to be really careful and apply precisely a small amount of glue. Otherwise, the bearing might need replacement.

Many thanks. I will try