Color prints

Coasters! very nice.

The coasters are awesome, and nice job on the stand. It’s great how Tinkercad allows you to just be creative with shapes, more so than with more traditional / engineering-oriented CAD tools imo. It doesn’t get in the way of transferring from the brain to the screen.

Thanks! I got the coaster file from GrabCAD although it was designed to be an egg stand. I increased the size 4x and printed them on their side to keep from needing support. The “seam” is worse on these for some reason but I printed them so that it was on the bottom. I guess it’s the wavy pattern and fast movement of the head that made it worse than other prints.

Yeah, I know what you mean Julia. I can take an idea and create a printable model in no time with it! One benefit to it being web-based is that I can start on a project on one computer then go somewhere else and continue on another without having to install any software.

[quote name=Kyle]Ok… Very COOL!!! More Puzzles??? NO!!! lol
[/quote]

Ha! The puzzles have been popular at work (must be all the engineers) but since the bullet design was already done I wanted to try another. :slight_smile:

[quote name=The6uest]I increased the size 4x and printed them on their side to keep from needing support. The “seam” is worse on these for some reason but I printed them so that it was on the bottom. I guess it’s the wavy pattern and fast movement of the head that made it worse than other prints.

[/quote]

I like it, i guess you did print them without support?

[quote name=Trhuster]I like it, i guess you did print them without support?
[/quote]

Yes, see the green one in the first photo in my first post? Printed on side and no support necessary. :slight_smile: That one was just a test but after it I printed the rest in pairs.

Couple more color prints… The first one is this Gear Bearing and the second is a Cube Gear. The lines on the side of the Cube Gear were caused because my X-axis pulley wheel was a little loose but I have tightened it up now. Normally that would be smooth like everything else!

I made a short video of the Gear Bearing: http://youtu.be/Uxy2U2LVNg0

This is my next print tomorrow !!! Nice !!!

Any clean up on the gear? Did it spin free fresh from the printer?

[quote name=Kyle]Any clean up on the gear? Did it spin free fresh from the printer?
[/quote]

The Gear Bearing? It didn’t require any support so no cleanup of that, but there were a few spots where the gears stuck together slightly. It only took a little twist on those to break loose though. It may print even better if I did it again because of my X-axis slipping a bit.

[quote name=The6uest]The lines on the side of the Cube Gear were caused because my X-axis pulley wheel was a little loose but I have tightened it up now.
[/quote]

What/where is this X-axis pulley wheel of which you speak?

The one that was loose in my case is the one on the actual motor shaft. It’s really tricky to get to it since it’s facing the enclosure wall, but I was able to use the long end of the Allen key to get in there. Note that there are two hex screws on each one. Only one screw on the X-axis (right) motor was a little loose.

And to show that tightening it up makes everything smooth again, I printed these. They’re just the first few parts of the Automatic Transmission that I’m going to print. :slight_smile:

AWESOME!!! Are you printing this? http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:34778

Yep! Did you watch his video? That thing is awesome! It has 5 forward speeds and 1 reverse. :slight_smile:

A lot of thought went into that thing. I might print one eventually. How big is the outer gear?

I got some red Up filament just to try it out and because I like red… and Valentine’s Day is coming. :wink: This piece is the bottom of the Screwless Heart Gears.

Turned out good!! Did the spool fit the Zortrax spool holder?

Looks good! Is that a seam on the right hand side ?

Yes, that is the seam coming around the right side Jamie. Here is the complete heart gears…

Good timing, for valentine’s day. :wink: