Desk Phone Holder & more...

I know the name isn’t very good but this is a holder I made for my cell phone when I’m at work. I made it with Tinkercad so that’s why I put their logo on the front. :slight_smile: Those are my initials on the bottom (last photo). The cutout on the side is so I can get my finger behind the phone to pick it up. I would get a photo of my phone in it but I use my phone to take the photos. LOL

I printed this with .2mm layer thickness and empty fill because it doesn’t need to be really strong. I’m not sure how long it took since I let it print while I went to sleep but Z-Suite estimated around 4 hours I think.

You could have used the self-timer to take the photo with the phone in the holder. Press the timer, then put the phone in the holder… no, wait…

[quote name=JuliaTruchsess]You could have used the self-timer to take the photo with the phone in the holder. Press the timer, then put the phone in the holder… no, wait…
[/quote]

Use front facing camera and put mirror in front of phone. (with self-timer)

Looks great 6uest… How long to design?

[quote name=Kyle][quote=JuliaTruchsess]You could have used the self-timer to take the photo with the phone in the holder. Press the timer, then put the phone in the holder… no, wait…
[/quote]

[/quote]

Haha, good solution!

[quote name=JuliaTruchsess][quote=Kyle][quote=JuliaTruchsess]You could have used the self-timer to take the photo with the phone in the holder. Press the timer, then put the phone in the holder… no, wait…
[/quote]

[/quote]

Haha, good solution!
[/quote]

That’s what all the kids do… lol

[quote name=Kyle][quote=JuliaTruchsess]You could have used the self-timer to take the photo with the phone in the holder. Press the timer, then put the phone in the holder… no, wait…
[/quote]

[/quote]

Phone selfie !

LOL! You all are funny. :slight_smile: I will try that later!

Kyle, it took longer than it should have to design because I was still learning the software when I did it… plus I didn’t make it tall enough at first so I had to go back and revise. I already have ideas on how to improve it though and if I add rubber feet to the bottom that would be good to keep it from sliding.

Here it is! It looks kinda funny because I took it in between two mirrors so that I could show the side too. I designed it so it would be big enough to fit with my case on it.

There ya go!!!

Self-self cell phone photo, my head hurts, can’t understand perspective

Here’s something else I modeled. I noticed with the existing filament tube holder, the tube would sometimes pop out when the head moved all the way to the back side of the bed. So I thought it would help to have it backed away from the printer a little more…

Mine does that too. I was just thinking that tonight!!!

I could upload the file if you’re interested… although you could probably draw something even better looking. :slight_smile:

I just whipped something up… I’ll see how it works tomorrow. :smiley:

Looks GREAT though!!! Let me know how yours works.

Works well so far! I didn’t include that “notch” that the original one has because I always just slide the filament in from the bottom. And it doesn’t really need that support foot I added but I though it looked cool like that. :slight_smile: