Dragon print

That’s better… lol

What’s up with the weird support in the front? The cross pattern?

looks like the X-Y axis.

Oh, it was part of the file… I guess it was made for printers that don’t print support. :slight_smile:

Looking good, man !! I love dragons !!

Here’s a bigger dragon but only the head… :slight_smile: I got the file from Thingiverse and it took about 6 hours to print. I used light infill and 30 degree support. The tip of it’s right horn broke off while I was removing support but it could be glued back on.

Nice print, but I thought you were going to scale it up to fill the Zortrax! :slight_smile:

I scaled it up but only about 10%… I can print medium-sized objects without having problems with raft lifting up but when I go too big it does. Hopefully we get auto-cal soon then I’ll try something bigger. :slight_smile: I could try sanding the bed to see if that helps in the mean time…

One thing I just thought of that I could have done was import the STL into TKC and add some kind of groove into the flat part to make it easier to hang up.

I cut keyhole slots in the bases of my dragons with a rotary tool for wall mounting, but yes, adding a hole to the model (after scaling!) would be more elegant :slight_smile:

Nice dragon !

It might need a good hot air gun polishing, don’t you think it would make it better ?

I used a heat gun on it but only a little to remove some of the white marks. I may try it more in some areas that could use additional smoothing.

[quote name=Julia Truchsess]I cut keyhole slots in the bases of my dragons with a rotary tool for wall mounting, but yes, adding a hole to the model (after scaling!) would be more elegant :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Ah yes, I’ll have to remember to scale it up first! I probably wouldn’t have thought about that and then ended up with huge holes…

What kind of costs does it take to print something in those dimensions?

[quote name=lupusk]What kind of costs does it take to print something in those dimensions?
[/quote]

What do you mean? The cost of the ABS? It doesn’t use much at all for that small size.