Dragon print

Here are a couple photos of a dragon I found on Thingiverse. One is before I removed the support material. It was surprisingly easy to remove except the material inside the mouth. I’ll get a couple more photos of the finished product later today. This one isn’t the best.

Well for some reason I can’t edit my post to fix the photos and the forum won’t let me put them within the message (maybe too big?) so I’ll just post the direct links:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-SDtjpr0dmZSm9IVm9MSGEzTzg/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-SDtjpr0dmZS3dpSmxJbWtpdEU/edit?usp=sharing

Looks amazing :slight_smile:

Nice job sir! Not an easy print to do but it looks very nice. Was support hard to get off? Keep pictures coming, so fun to see you guys print different things.

Looks great overall. It has quite few blobs sticking out of the dragon… Any idea where those come from?

Jumps between support and model on this model exist few spots, something still to tune in software update, but this blobs are easy scratch able by finger nail and after small heat treatment (lighter) no sings.

After close look seems I have to print tomorrow this model and check it out.

@The6uest

What scale did you use for this dragon or it is original size ?

Trhuster, the support is actually pretty easy to remove. I got most all of it off with my hands except for the support inside the dragon’s mouth. I used a knife for most of that.

Andre, as Martin said, most of that is from the support and actually I have cleaned a lot of that off. I will take some better pics later to show how it looks now.

Martin, I don’t remember what scale I used but I can check later today. I think I doubled the size but I’m not sure because I have loaded up several projects and most I scale… It’s around 4"-5" long though. This is where I got the file: Dragon file on Thingiverse.

I have also printed a Brain Gear which turned out pretty good the first time but I think it would print better if I printed it on it’s side.

@The6uest

Brain Gear is not suggest to print in beta version, here was a lot of changes in slicing module and the “foot” of model (if you printing this original the most complicated one brain gear) contain an errors from .stl file then model “foot” is very weak or even have a holes (it was fixed after beta release and in next version complicated .stl errors should be corrected on the fly).

Dragon looks very good but I see few places where a little of material is leaved after jump, we do not noticed this issue here with other models and it should not happen so often, tomorrow our software team will check and tune it.

Best Regards

Thanks for sharing, The6uest.

Here are the pictures.

What were the parameters to print it ? What definition layer thickness, etc ?

That looks GREAT!!! I will have to wait until Monday as our printer is stuck in Ohio due to the bad weather…:frowning:

[quote name=Martin Olchanowski]@The6uest

Brain Gear is not suggest to print in beta version, here was a lot of changes in slicing module and the “foot” of model (if you printing this original the most complicated one brain gear) contain an errors from .stl file then model “foot” is very weak or even have a holes (it was fixed after beta release and in next version complicated .stl errors should be corrected on the fly).

Dragon looks very good but I see few places where a little of material is leaved after jump, we do not noticed this issue here with other models and it should not happen so often, tomorrow our software team will check and tune it.
[/quote]

Yeah, I think printing it on it’s side would help too instead of with the base down. It turned out pretty good considering but the foot was weak. Can’t wait to see how it does with updated software!

I just checked and it looks like I printed the dragon at 1.5x scale… not 2x.

Pilou74, the Z-Suite software only allows .20mm thickness layers now. I assume in an update that will be adjustable. I selected ‘Full’ for the fill method but that wasn’t required.

I am surprised, as the layer thickness on the brochure says : 25 to 400 microns… :frowning:

I guess it will be available in a next update… Soon. :slight_smile:

thanks Rafal, I am confident the next updates will make it the best printer in the world ! There’s a great potential ! Thanks

looks great!!

I like how The6uest works. Prints a test cube, then finds the most complicated thing he can and goes for it. LOL… That’s awesome!!!

[quote name=Kyle]I like how The6uest works. Prints a test cube, then finds the most complicated thing he can and goes for it. LOL… That’s awesome!!!
[/quote]

I gotta see what this thing can do! :wink:

Few more images of the Stanford Dragon:

Another dragon I printed. It needs to be cleaned up a little more but it came out really nice!

Thingiverse file link

No pictures with support??? I’m disappointed… lol

Oops, my bad… :slight_smile: