E-nable Raptor Hand

Hi!

My first Raptor test hand. Hope to get matched to a kid soon.

Printed in blue Ultrat. Came out good, but support removal was a major pain. In this case the support area function of the UP software would have been very helpful to avoid all these super small supports in the cavities of the fingers.   

For the next attempts I will print the fingers separate and without support.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ylsupxzejxfud5o/Photo%20Jan%2001%2C%2013%2029%2059.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hds0whrp9zn3p3z/Photo%20Jan%2001%2C%2013%2052%2029.jpg?dl=0

Very nice !!!

the only problem of printing like this is anysotropy. The fingers are much weaker

and well the zortrax isn't known for printing good without support. I made a torture test](no support)while ago with bad results, and send information to support to improve algoritms and see what was going,they told me that the zortrax isn't designed for printing without support. So my request was denied.

Most of this models are designed to be printed without support and repraps do it very well, of course very bad surface quality among other things, but it will be nice to have better capabilites on the zortrax to manage overhangs, the problem for convex or conic parts is still an issue...

ahntlia, did you print these "models" which can be printed without support on ABS using RepRap and other printers? Many peoples looks on PLA prints, but they don't know too much about phisical materials properties etc. If you want printed any models with have hangs elements always you should use 100% fan.

BTW: I also printed similar prosthesis, and fingers was printed without support and quality was awesome on my eyes.

The overhangs in the fingers are very small. I don't think the Zortrax will have an issue bridging them. In my mind it should not put supports there in the first place (even with supports on). That's why I mentioned the support area setting of the UP software. I think that's a smart solution for that.

I wish there would be a smarter algorithm that takes the "removablity" of a support into account. 

ahntlia, did you print these "models" which can be printed without support on ABS using RepRap and other printers? Many peoples looks on PLA prints, but they don't know too much about phisical materials properties etc. If you want printed any models with have hangs elements always you should use 100% fan.

BTW: I also printed similar prosthesis, and fingers was printed without support and quality was awesome on my eyes.

I know you must use 100% fan, but in some cases that doesn't help either.

I have done tons of models with failure at angles that should be ok.

In fact right now I'm making one very simple with 20° support and in some sections where you don't even need too much fan and overhang is not ok...