electric shock from printer screws

Hi

I noticed that the screws attached to the back of the printer have some electric current going through them and even shocked my hand when touching them. I got a screw driver with a current tester to test them and it glowed when touching those screws.

is this how the printer is built or is there a problem with my machine.

Thanks for helping

is this how the printer is built or is there a problem with my machine.

Yes and maybe!

In Europe it is required for metallic housed gear carrying High Voltage to be grounded.

I am not aware of the power jack you are using in Kuwait, but if you can twist it by 180 degrees, do that and check again.

Many houses (in Europe too) have wrong wiring (done by prof electricians) in a way that the wire containing the high tension related to ground could get connected to the ground wire (if using a 2 wire cabling in the house). If it's not full Voltage, there could be also some gear carrying false voltages over to the ground wire too.

If this is not the case, the printer maybe faulty.

Just watch out what you are doing next (only test this if you aware of what's going on there)!

There is probably a short somewhere in your printer..not good..not good at all.

If there was a short, the fuse would blow (if all is connected right!).

Yes and maybe!

In Europe it is required for metallic housed gear carrying High Voltage to be grounded.

I am not aware of the power jack you are using in Kuwait, but if you can twist it by 180 degrees, do that and check again.

Many houses (in Europe too) have wrong wiring (done by prof electricians) in a way that the wire containing the high tension related to ground could get connected to the ground wire (if using a 2 wire cabling in the house). If it's not full Voltage, there could be also some gear carrying false voltages over to the ground wire too.

If this is not the case, the printer maybe faulty.

Just watch out what you are doing next (only test this if you aware of what's going on there)!

in Kuwait we usually use British type electric sockets but since I ordered my printer from Austria it came with a German type power cable, so I usually use a pen to help get it in. I will invert the power plug as you said and see what happens.

You are doing quite risky things!

I have no idea how the UK socket is wired (is it this one?)type_g_large-150x130.jpg

You should buy  a correct cable wich should be no thing to find one on a local shop.

yes its that one, its not that risky actually. but I might use my ps3 power cable instead. it is the same class as that of a zortrax

i have zortrax  i'm from kuwait work will 220 volts in Kuwait, the same Europe you should be not worry

i have zortrax  i'm from kuwait work will 220 volts in Kuwait, the same Europe you should be not worry

i think we need ground you can change

Nice to meat you Tareq

Nice to meat you Tareq

too

i can't find material in kuwait you have any idea

too

i can't find material in kuwait you have any idea

there are no z-materials sold in Kuwait, there are some shops who sell generic material but they are as expensive as ordering this filament online yourself and are not suitable for Zortrax, unless u are using some mods