Error message "check perforated plate..."

Hello all, firstly Zortrax support is involved in this, but it would be interesting if others have a fix for this problem.

The message "check perforated plate contacts etc" always shows up when the plate is warm. The only way to "turn off" the message is to turn off the machine and let the heating plate cool down. It needs to be quite cool, maximum 20-25 degC. After restarting the machine works and is ready for printing. When I look in the model meny to select an object to print, I need to hurry up a bit, as the plate starts heating up and I need to restart the and cool down the machine again. The problem also exists  when I want to change filament, when the plate is warm. During printing, I can change filament without problems.

In other words, except when the machine is building, when the plate is hot the message appears.

I have two perf. boards and changed them to see if that cured it, but no luck. I suspect the heating plate or the termistor, but I need some advice. I got a new perf. board/plate cable from Zortrax, didn't resolve it. There is a blue LED blinking under the platform during printing, don't know if that`s how it should be.

Thanks!

John Tangerås

I'll reply to this myself! I replaced the perf. board and heating plate with the original V1 and it solved the issue. Zortrax is sending me a new V2 board to replace the broken V2 board.

Contact with Zortrax Support or Chris from Zortrax, they should replace the platform parts.

Contact with Zortrax Support or Chris from Zortrax, they should replace the platform parts.

Yes, Zortrax support is replacing the parts on warranty.