Estimated Print Time is too low

I find that the "Estimated Print Time" is too low.

I did a print yesterday that was estimated at 5.5 hours, but actually took about 7 hours.

They are generally about 10-20% under-estimated.

If I do prints for work, then I end up under-charging for my services, because I use a screenshot of the printed part (showing the Raft, Scaffolding & top-right Text Box stating the "Estimated Print Time"). This is my only available evidence to say how long it took me.

Is this under-estimation a recognised issue_?

Key word "Estimated" I've never had it that far off though.. Generally in the half hour range.. That was on 8 hour print.

Keep in mind that is print time.. From the time it starts laying raft..

Curious, what would you have charged for that extra 1.5 hrs

I find that the "Estimated Print Time" is too low.

I did a print yesterday that was estimated at 5.5 hours, but actually took about 7 hours.

They are generally about 10-20% under-estimated.

If I do prints for work, then I end up under-charging for my services, because I use a screenshot of the printed part (showing the Raft, Scaffolding & top-right Text Box stating the "Estimated Print Time"). This is my only available evidence to say how long it took me.

Is this under-estimation a recognised issue_?

i would also love to see a built in timer, showing time lapsed while printing and total time after the end of each print

Thanks for your replies.

I appreciate that its just an "estimate". If you're seeing 0.5hr from an 8hr print, is this something that you're planning to fix in a future s/w release_?

Currently I wouldn't charge anything for the extra 1.5 hours, as I don't have the evidence for it (see .stl & .jpg files attached).

Yes, "Elapsed Time" & "Remaining Time" would be great info on the screen, if one or the other I would favour "Remaining", is there any chance of this feature in the future_?

Won't be feasible probably due to cost but generally higher end (non desktop) machinery keeps track of it's run time.  This would be great if you wanted to have a general idea of how long a machine had been used for buying selling or refurbishing.

I wish I could make it down to the minute, but I am a simple user as yourself... I know 3D printing takes time but most people charge by volume of print. I generally only make about $9 an hour.. lol.. Easy money while I'm sleeping or at my day job.

btw i just completed a 21hr print in about 22hrs

For the most part mine has been pretty accurate. Maybe off by 1/2 - 1hr on 10-12hr prints and most of that time I assume is warm up and raft. I did have one print where it estimated something like 18hrs and it only took 6. It was very strange. When it gave me the estimated time I was very confused as to why it was going to take so long. 

ok, thanks all, so it seems as though it is a recognised issue.

For the list of future s/w improvements, it would be great to see "more accurate Estimated Print Time" and "new Print Time Remaining info".