Hi, i've been mollycoddled with the Zortrax filament (which has been great!), but I've never experimented with external filaments.
I was hoping someone could give me some tips on the following:
i want to use a particular grey from Prima Select ABS range.
1) Extruder temp is listed 220 - 270 Â°C, assume i start with 250 C
2) Heat bed, assume start with 90C
3) I am unsure what the generic settings should be for Retraction Speed and Distance.
4) The fan speed, should i start with Auto or start say 20% and work upwards after each test print?
5) Do i change anything for Print Speed and Extruder Flow Ratio?
These are probably obvious to someone, i'm just a bit worried in case i do any inadvertent damage!
General things you might see in a print and how to correct
There are tons of calibration parts you can print for finding things like temps, retractions if youre having trouble
example retraction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwcKX3o3kCU
Thanks for the pointers - that retraction video was quite good to watch
The answer was staring me in the face though! I was trying to mimic the Z-ABS settings. I didn’t realise that the settings are already there (thought 275 C was too hot for ABS).
The only problem i had with an external filament was that the raft removal was nigh on impossible.
Just changing the temp down to 250 C and first gap to 0.29 on 0.19 quality printing all is well. Just working on the optimum setting for 0.09 quality.