External materials: PLA

Let's share brands and settings in this thread!

colorfabb pla, 190deg [could be doing with 180 for better raft removal], need to treat bed for decent adhesion, 1mm retraction. perfect prints, raft & support removal [at 180]. Bed temp at 30 deg.

MeltInk PLA+PHA - 205-210 °C

colorfabb pla, 190deg [could be doing with 180 for better raft removal], need to treat bed for decent adhesion, 1mm retraction. perfect prints, raft & support removal [at 180]. Bed temp at 30 deg.

how about hotend lifetime? 

I'm very successful with Z-PLA from Zortrax... love it... no warping and stronger than Z-PCABS... and 800g only 15$... great ;)

a comprehensive list of materials (Materials Guide) can be found on z-temp.co. For some materials another Hotend might be needed to print them.

how about hotend lifetime? 

A good quality hotend can be easily refurbished with some maintenance (PFTE tube and nozzle change). It lives virtually forever.

Photoholic : did I miss something, I can't find any Z-PLA in the store !! It's probably a joke ... :huh:

Anyway : Perfect results with PLA-PHA from ColorFabb : 210°C, on a bed glass, without any raft (take a look at z-temp.co)

I'm very successful with Z-PLA from Zortrax... love it... no warping and stronger than Z-PCABS... and 800g only 15$... great ;)

What is this Z-PLA you speak of and where can i get it?

What is this Z-PLA you speak of and where can i get it?

I'm really sorry but it was really just a bad joke... but it would be great...a PLA that prints so nice like Z-HIPS but without deforming was my wish...

I'm really sorry but it was really just a bad joke... but it would be great...a PLA that prints so nice like Z-HIPS but without deforming was my wish...

Now we have external materials support... do you not have your wish?

What do you treat the bed with for PLA . Isopropanol, bluetape?

Now we have external materials support... do you not have your wish?

No I don't... because I can't use it the way I like... we need much more option... I need a larger gap between bed and nozzle for initial layer of raft, I want to change the gap between raft and print, I want to play with the flowrate etc...

Actually I don't want to use z-temp tools, raftaway, g2z, 3rd party slicers but the Zortrax ecosystem... I would print everything with Z-whatsoever because that works best for me... but at the moment there's no material with really low shrinkage like PLA... 

So no... I don't have my wish...

..So my first try with PLA results in slipping of the gear. But why? It's 1.75mm by calipers. Colorfabb Ngen also slip.

..So my first try with PLA results in slipping of the gear. But why? It's 1.75mm by calipers. Colorfabb Ngen also slip.

it's most probably the backlash from a too low initial nozzle height. Just read the whole thread here, it's explained that you should use a shim or other tools. 

Edit: the shim thing I did actually explain here: http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/topic/2929-z-suite-1100-external-materials-feedback/?p=31529

Anyone care to share prints in PLA? Also, how has the print quality been?

Here is a few of the PLA brands and my settings using the Z-Temp module and my air injection system to cool the feeder gear to print the PLA.

Spool settings Capture.JPG

how do you print with z pla because I bought a new hotend to dedicate to it and it has huge extrusion issues when trying to build raft. I’ve never got past the raft stage. I have tried everything zortrax has on there website. we print mainly using ultrat and z glass which print perfect so i don’t think there are any issues with out printer itself. Any help would be great.

cheers

Hi,

1. Have you tried to change the platform - raft gap in Z-SUITE?
  2. Do you use Z-PLA PRO or some external PLA?
  3. Have you levelled the bed?
  4. What version of Z-SUITE do you use? Please pass me the zcode and stl files

Kind regards