Extruder heating problems

Hi,

my printer needs quite long for heating up before the print starts. Today I measured 4:37 mins for the platform and 12:38 mins for the extruder. Especially the extruder needs several minutes to start printing from 97% of the temperature. The printer actually doesn't really shows that the extruder has reached the 100%. It fluctuates between 97% and 99% and after some minutes it just starts to print. Moreover I have some small brunings in almost every second print and some troubles to print inclined edges as shown on the pics. Moreover the peak of the part is more like a bigger blob than a sharp peak. Maybe the problem is related to a too high printing temperature? I just got my printer on Friday. So it is brand new and nothing should be wrong with it!

Best regards

Erik

Hi,

my printer needs quite long for heating up before the print starts. Today I measured 4:37 mins for the platform and 12:38 mins for the extruder. Especially the extruder needs several minutes to start printing from 97% of the temperature. The printer actually doesn't really shows that the extruder has reached the 100%. It fluctuates between 97% and 99% and after some minutes it just starts to print. Moreover I have some small brunings in almost every second print and some troubles to print inclined edges as shown on the pics. Moreover the peak of the part is more like a bigger blob than a sharp peak. Maybe the problem is related to a too high printing temperature? I just got my printer on Friday. So it is brand new and nothing should be wrong with it!

Best regards

Erik

Hello Erik

Please write to our customer support team and describe this issue with all the details (model size, z-suite settings, material used, serial number and hardware of the printer): support@zortrax.com

Regards,

Chris

check this out, too.

http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/topic/1681-v2-hotend-trouble-heating/page-8#entry23117

I send an email with a pile of information to the Zortrax Customer Support.

@Andre: I think my heater or thermocouple doesn't stick out to far. But just to let you check it as well, I will upload a pic of my hotend.

Thanks in advance!