Failed printed testing sample at 45 degree with 0.09 thickness

Hello

I’m using Zortrax M200 printer to print several testing samples as per ASTM testing standards for Plastics and Polymers. I faced a product failure while printing a sample at the following processing parameters (45-degree printing angle, 0.09 thickness, Z-ASA material, 70% density). Different thicknesses were used successfully at 45-degree, except the highlight one. The Z-suit software indicated a successful simulation (with adding supports ), however, in fabrication is in contrast. If you have ever faced this issue and resolve , please your advice and recommendations are highly appreciated.
Note: I attached a sample of the failed part

Hello Alsairi,

could you send me your zprojx?

I think you might need to perform axes maintenance.

Best Regards

Thanks for your support and collaboration. I
4.zcode (1.3 MB)
I have uploaded the zprojx that experienced the failure. I have printed two different parts using the same 45 degree printing angle with higher printing thickness and they were successful.

Best Regards,
Meshal

Hello Alsairi,

Sorry for late reply.

To be sure, which firmware and Z-Suite version are you using?

Did you check if axes maintenance helps you?

Do I see correctly that the layers separated at some point?

Best Regards

Thanks for your reply and support. I was using the last two versions of Z-suit software and both of them reported the same error. After multiple attempts I found out the main reason for this failure which was the gap between the part and it’s support structure. Therefore, I modified the part gap manually in the Z-suit simulation to be zero which lead to have an acceptable part.

1 Like