Firmware 1.0.0 "Too high extruder temperature" error?

I've just recently started getting the "Too high extruder temperature" error on 1 of my 6 M200s. Unfortunately it beeps and stops printing and displays this error. I'm not seeing it on my other M200s. Anyone else experience this and have an idea how to address/fix it?  Kind Regards and Happy New Year! - David

TempError.JPG

Strange. Can you revert your firmware and rule that out? It could be the thermocouple is causing this, it may be sending a false reading causing the printer to think its much warmer than it actually is. I would check and insure the connections are solid, and that there is no damage to any wiring. 

Reverting to any firmware prior to 1.0 will at least allow you to keep printing, since these safety checks were first implemented in 1.0. As to the source or solution for 1.0 I can't really help, apart from echoing Chinook's suggestions.

Just thought of this, dont know how often you run all 6 of your printers, but what about switching the thermocouple out with another one from a printer that has been consistantly working fine, and try to see if the problem hops to that printer too. Then you can narrow down if you need a new couple, or that your dealing with something else.

I checked (loosened and retightened) all of the connections up top of the extruder (this v3 has the green block with screws instead of the plug-n-play) and it took it about 8 hours of a 17 hour job before it produced the error and failed again. I do have a second M200 now that's produced the error at least once. It's 17 hours into a 23 hour job and hasn't produced the error again....... yet. I'm going to roll back the firmware and see how it does. Next step would be to replace the thermocouple (I do have spares on hand). Thank you both for your help and suggestions! I'll let you know what I find out.  -David

I've just recently started getting the "Too high extruder temperature" error on 1 of my 6 M200s. Unfortunately it beeps and stops printing and displays this error. I'm not seeing it on my other M200s. Anyone else experience this and have an idea how to address/fix it?  Kind Regards and Happy New Year! - David

TempError.JPG

This message means that the thermistor temperature is too high. I suggest to check your extruder cable. If it's alright, then you should check if your heater&thermocoupler are working properly. 

If you need any further help in this case, please contact our customer support team: http://support.zortrax.com/support-form/

I did revert to firmware .8.0 and it printed a flawless 23 hour job. I have spare "heater & themocouple" with a "plug end" which I'll cut-off and try. More soon.........(using .8.0 makes me appreciate the UI (user interface) of 1.0.0 that much more. Great job guys!)

TempError.JPG

I too have been printing for 8 months without any problems, now with 1.0 firmware, i have the same problem, we have replaced the sensor and the heater and it still fails the the high temp message. I don't think is a real problem with the hardware. I will down grade to 0.7 firmware to see what happens. 

I too have been printing for 8 months without any problems, now with 1.0 firmware, i have the same problem, we have replaced the sensor and the heater and it still fails the the high temp message. I don't think is a real problem with the hardware. I will down grade to 0.7 firmware to see what happens. 

Did you also exchange the extruder cable / PCB in that machine?

Please let me know if that helped either here or via private message.

I too am having this error with the 1.0 firmware. I have replaced a hot end, a sensor and heater, a fan, and I still get this error. It has ruined many prints hours into a job, very frustrating. I really doubt this is a hardware issue at this time.

I have downgraded to firmware 0.8.0 and am running a job that just failed, again. I will update my comment with results.

I too am having this error with the 1.0 firmware. I have replaced a hot end, a sensor and heater, a fan, and I still get this error. It has ruined many prints hours into a job, very frustrating. I really doubt this is a hardware issue at this time.

I have downgraded to firmware 0.8.0 and am running a job that just failed, again. I will update my comment with results.

It also could be caused by ribbon (extruder) cable. 

I had that happen to me when I first installed 1.0.0

Switched back to 0.0.7 to print some jobs and then I upgraded again to 1.0.0. Never had a problem since.

From my limited point of view this means that the firmware had some problems while updating the first time or that some eeprom values were not deleted, initialized properly.

I had that happen to me when I first installed 1.0.0

Switched back to 0.0.7 to print some jobs and then I upgraded again to 1.0.0. Never had a problem since.

From my limited point of view this means that the firmware had some problems while updating the first time or that some eeprom values were not deleted, initialized properly.

I've been too busy to deal with the issue the last couple of weeks but I'll try upgrading to 1.0.0 again and see if the troublesome M200 still throws the same error message.  -David

Now I'm getting a new "blank" error on a separate M200 (I have six) that's also running 1.0.0 . It's now failed twice with the same blank error approx. 6 hours into 21+ hour jobs.  Thoughts?

NewError1.JPG

NewError2.JPG

Now I'm getting a new "blank" error on a separate M200 (I have six) that's also running 1.0.0 . It's now failed twice with the same blank error approx. 6 hours into 21+ hour jobs.  Thoughts?

Go back to f/w older than 1.0 until Zortrax fixes the issue.

Go back to f/w older than 1.0 until Zortrax fixes the issue.

I agree Julia. I have downgraded on the initial M200 that reports the Heat Error and will do the same on this new one too.  I do really like the new User Interface of 1.0.0 but from a productivity standpoint I'm down grading.

I have been running FW 1.0 with no problems on V1 printer.. Zsuite 1.2.2   I hope it stays that way!!

Thats odd, we've never seen that 'blank error' before. Maybe something gone wrong while downloading/unpacking *.BIN file or we simply overlooked something in firmware. 

It is most likely headbed thermistor error, you can try replacing whole heatbed from different printer and make test.

Just in case, I've uploaded unpacked BIN file. 

Not a good idea!

Packers sign the files inside with CRC sums and that's checked while unpacking.

That way it is ensured that the file is written to disk without erros.

Downloading yours omits that checks.

Not a good idea!

Packers sign the files inside with CRC sums and that's checked while unpacking.

That way it is ensured that the file is written to disk without erros.

Downloading yours omits that checks.

Yes and no, I've had multiple cases when my uploaded, unpacked *.BIN saved the day.