Firmware 1.1.0 for the M200Plus

Hi Folks,

See the changes we've implemented to the latest version of firmware for the M200Plus.

To update your printer to the latest firmware v1.1.0, download the Update.zar file and transfer it to the USB drive. Plug the USB into the port at the front of the device. To start the installation, select Refresh.

• Fixed communication errors – #100 and #101
  • Major stability improvements
  • Added an option to go back to launcher
  • Language fix, Polish should no longer be the default language
  • Added sleep mode triggered with power button
  • Wifi/Ethernet settings will no longer reset to default
  • Restored the pause during raft printing
  • Language changing will now change the system language as well
  • Added display brightness option
  • Performance improvements

As always, we look forward to your feedback and suggestions.

Hello  MarcinR,

it seems that this new firmware offers a setting called "IGNORE MATERIAL ENDSTOP".

Does this mean that I can load the filament without going through the box you call “Material endstop”?

Could you detail that ?

It is very important (for me) to know this detail because it allows to place the coil at a different place and send the filament directly into the extruder: see photo below

Axel4845

IMG_0131.jpg

Sorry Axel if this is a distraction from your question.

With the 1.1.0 version, the printer has a different behaviour when starting up.

Upon each power-up the printer will, right after the firmware version is confirmed, make a Z-Axis movement downwards and produce a really heavy sound that appears as a forceful encounter with the physical end of the Z path. Immediately after that, the build plate moves up a small distance to its regular zero point.

This is not just the modest firm "bonk" of a stepper motor powering up and peacefully seeking the zero switch, like i'm used to with the previous firmware.

I wonder if this new behaviour is intended.

Hello  MarcinR,

it seems that this new firmware offers a setting called "IGNORE MATERIAL ENDSTOP".

Does this mean that I can load the filament without going through the box you call “Material endstop”?

Could you detail that ?

It is very important (for me) to know this detail because it allows to place the coil at a different place and send the filament directly into the extruder: see photo below

Axelattachicon.gif IMG_0131.jpg

Yes, that's correct. Selecting that option lets you bypass inserting filament into the material endstop. That means you can place a spool just like it is shown in your picture, for example.

Sorry Axel if this is a distraction from your question.

With the 1.1.0 version, the printer has a different behaviour when starting up.

Upon each power-up the printer will, right after the firmware version is confirmed, make a Z-Axis movement downwards and produce a really heavy sound that appears as a forceful encounter with the physical end of the Z path. Immediately after that, the build plate moves up a small distance to its regular zero point.

This is not just the modest firm "bonk" of a stepper motor powering up and peacefully seeking the zero switch, like i'm used to with the previous firmware.

I wonder if this new behaviour is intended.

rdjong, are you able to record a video showing the problem and pass it to me via PM?

Hi Marek,

I have no equipment ready to easily make a decent video. Will arrange it if you insist it contributes to the description. Right now, i have downgraded the firmware to v1.0.2 because i am unsure if the described effect could cause damage.

As a further detail that may be important: in my printer, the build-plate travels lightly in the Z-direction when powered off. I have seen it move downwards by gravity alone, and otherwise when removing a print from the bed. So at the time of power up, the build plate is typically at the lowest position.

I’m counting on it that this should be tolerated by the firmware.

Regards,

Roel

Hi Marek,

I have no equipment ready to easily make a decent video. Will arrange it if you insist it contributes to the description. Right now, i have downgraded the firmware to v1.0.2 because i am unsure if the described effect could cause damage.

As a further detail that may be important: in my printer, the build-plate travels lightly in the Z-direction when powered off. I have seen it move downwards by gravity alone, and otherwise when removing a print from the bed. So at the time of power up, the build plate is typically at the lowest position.

I’m counting on it that this should be tolerated by the firmware.

Regards,

Roel

Some video would be really helpful, so we could troubleshoot this one.

Please contact me or Marek via PM.

Thanks for your vigilance.

Some video would be really helpful, so we could troubleshoot this one.

Please contact me or Marek via PM.

Thanks for your vigilance.

Video has been sent. Also attached here, looking for a confirmation that it happens in other M200+ printers too.

Roel

Video has been sent. Also attached here, looking for a confirmation that it happens in other M200+ printers too.

Roel

Roel,

There's nothing to be worried about  ;)

Enjoy printing with the M200Plus.