Firmware jump from 0.0.6 to 1.0.0?

Maybe someone can shed some light/reassure me on this.  I just purchased another M200 and it came with firmware version 1.0.0.  It's the first one I've seen/used with that version and it's absolutely great sofar. 

My other M200 is running 0.0.6.  When I tried, several months ago, to upgrade to 0.0.7 is got an error that said "Check X endstop / X Stage & restart your printer!"  I don't have any idea what an endstop is so I downgraded back to 0.0.6 and have left it there.

After seeing 1.0.0 I would really like to upgrade to it but really can't afford for the printer to be down while I figure out how to downgrade again.  It's a work horse but there are some features in the later version of the firmware that would really be beneficial.

Any thoughts on this "big" jump?

Thanks & Happy New Year!

Well, I went ahead and did the firmware update.  I have the same message "Check Endstops and restart the printer".  Crap

Well, I went ahead and did the firmware update.  I have the same message "Check Endstops and restart the printer".  Crap

Try moving the extruder to the middle with power off. Then turn printer on. It might be detecting something with XY stop switches inside top of printer.

Well dang.  While I was down I was cleaning the head and dropped the extruder motor and damaged the wire that goes from it to the board.  Anyone know where I can order a spare motor and connector? I'm in the US.

The connector is a JST XH-series housing, and you may need the crimp pins as well.

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?pv88=6&FV=fff40016%2Cfff802fc&k=xh&mnonly=0&newproducts=0&ColumnSort=100001&page=1&k=xh&filterAlwaysExpand=1&quantity=0&ptm=0&fid=0&pageSize=100&akamai-feo=off

If you search around the web for "XH cable" you can probably find one preassembled as they're widely used in RC hobby stuff. Might be easier to splice on a new cable than fussing with the crimp connectors.

Thanks.  It's a shame that I can't just obtain a replacement.  I'm going to try to find connectors and a crimp tool.  Got everything else, just not setup for that.

Don't bother with a crimp tool for four contacts - just pinch with needlenose pliers and then solder them.

It's a shame that you don't make them...  I'd buy one in a heartbeat instead of trying to find all the right stuff.