Firmware V0.0.7

I really like the updates in firmware V0.0.7. Thanks Zortrax team!

The colours are nice and the sleep function is really great.

So far I have had not issues.

I loaded it about 20 minutes ago and had a heart attack.  After completing the update, (went quickly) I decided to perform an Auto calibration "just for the heck of it" and got a message that said "Check X endstop/X stage and restart your printer!  www.zortrax.com/support"

Not sure how to do that but my printer had been working fllawlessly with ZERO problems.  I removed the SD card, deleted the new update.bin and copied the old one, (from by original SD card backup) onto the card, restarted the printer and it picked up the original update that came with the printer.  I then performed the AutoCal again and it worked perfectly, (Images included). 

What's up with all this?

I loaded it about 20 minutes ago and had a heart attack.  After completing the update, (went quickly) I decided to perform an Auto calibration "just for the heck of it" and got a message that said "Check X endstop/X stage and restart your printer!  www.zortrax.com/support"

Not sure how to do that but my printer had been working fllawlessly with ZERO problems.  I removed the SD card, deleted the new update.bin and copied the old one, (from by original SD card backup) onto the card, restarted the printer and it picked up the original update that came with the printer.  I then performed the AutoCal again and it worked perfectly, (Images included). 

What's up with all this?

What version printer do you have?  I have a version 2 with the new extruder and am running the calibration now.

i guy... the new firmware is specific to v2 hotend ?

Hi!

I have just downloaded the update.bin file and placed it into the SD Card. But nothing has happened when starting the M200. 

The update has not run (i tried it several times).

What am I doing bad?

I have not the v2 hotend. (I purchased a replacement hot end just few days before the v2 was released  :wacko: ) 

hi Draude,maybe ,

if you use a new card, you must first format the card by windows (fat 32 Default I think and it crushes the data)

hi Draude,maybe ,

if you use a new card, you must first format the card by windows (fat 32 Default I think and it crushes the data)

I am using the same card in which the printing files are loaded. In a second attempt, I deleted all the files excepting the update file. 

Do you mean that I should format the SD card?

Check the file name. Should be update.bin.

I did it in a hurry and the file was renamed to update-2.bin and obviously didn’t worked on the first attempt.

Hi!

I have just downloaded the update.bin file and placed it into the SD Card. But nothing has happened when starting the M200.

The update has not run (i tried it several times).

What am I doing bad?

I have not the v2 hotend. (I purchased a replacement hot end just few days before the v2 was released :wacko: )

my  zortrax sd card is defective

i use the sd card from my camera 

i save data from my camera SD card

format my camera sd card in fat32 under windows

then

i load the 0.07 firmware update file on the sd card 

and i can use the card to update my zortrax

if it doesn’t work , :slight_smile:

you have tried something

Seems no problem for my 2 machines.

I've got the different colored LED's on both, and the sleep function (which also is working) is a very good idea.

Finally it worked after formating the SD card. The format was supposed to be OK because I have been using it up to now, but the update did not work after I formated it.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

I really like the updates in firmware V0.0.7. Thanks Zortrax team!

The colours are nice and the sleep function is really great.

So far I have had not issues.

I wanted to thank the Z-Team as well. I really like the new features (color changing lights, sleep and the file name that was printed). Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!  Now back to work! ;-)  

Yes, I'm finding this to be a worthwhile update.

The sleep mode is a load off my mind....I hated going away knowing it would all sit there running flat out until I got home.

Good morning, I also have upgraded firmware.
for now the only thing worthy of note is the sleep mode.
I think activate the wifi is the most important thing.

I dont think wifi is the most important thing for me !! 

Sure they promised it but it really hasn't effected my printing .

things that really matter are being able to use PLA, NYLON and being able to change temp settings and customizing settings in z-suite.

would love to turn bed heater off  and have a perference setting in z-suite.

I am just really tired of hearing about the stupid WIFI...BUT that is just my opinion.

thanks for new firmware i will install it later.

@ziofico: forgot about wifi, u will never see that features the productor was clear about that.

in next release if i can council the posibility to turn off printer after print end, will be cute too.

and yes.......PLA eheheh

I dont think wifi is the most important thing for me !! 

Sure they promised it but it really hasn't effected my printing .

things that really matter are being able to use PLA, NYLON and being able to change temp settings and customizing settings in z-suite.

would love to turn bed heater off  and have a perference setting in z-suite.

I am just really tired of hearing about the stupid WIFI...BUT that is just my opinion.

when you bought your printer, you know that they can not use the "smart" pla, nylon etc ... but you know you can use the "stupid" wifi with the next firmware.

but is just ur opinion ;)

For some strange reason, when I unzip the download all I get is a video, which does not play and a file that says _MACOSX , which contains a video. Weird.

Okay, something is definitely wrong or I am doing something wrong. I downloaded 0.0.6 and it shows the same video and _MACOSX file.

thanks for new firmware i will install it later.

@ziofico: forgot about wifi, u will never see that features the productor was clear about that.

in next release if i can council the posibility to turn off printer after print end, will be cute too.

and yes.......PLA eheheh

I would prefer to see the PHA than PLA :D

• changing colors - OK
  • sleep mode - OK
  • not keeping extruder hot while filament change - NOT OK,

how often do i have to wait to get extruder and platform hot?? I make multicolor prints and it’s really annoying. It shouldn’t cool down f.e. in 1 - 3 minutes from last action, is it so hard?

edit: sorry, hard day at work..