First few layer hole edge is too roughed

Hi All,

I have a problem with hole edge roughing .
I printed mainly using Z-ABS2 and ULTRAT materials on raft , but both have same problem.
Especially, small hole edge have rougher.
I think the reason is not machine aging, because the problem was since immediately after I bought.
I attached a photo of this.

Any ideas about the reasons for this problem.

thank you.

Hi @yukke60,

Could you provide an .stl and .zcodex file, please?

Best regards,
Karolina

Hello,

@KarolinaZortrax we have the same problem with our M200 Plus printer.

We are facing problems with the print quality even after the very complex repair (replacing the most problematic parts in the authorized Zortrax Support Center). Service said the printer worked fine at their place.

We are printing on ABSv2, Z-Sutie 2.26.0.0., firmware 2.6.5, total printing time ~6500h.

Basically, it is just very poor quality of the print e.g.:

• oval hole (not round)
  • space between printing lines (first layer)
  • infill doesn’t connect with the outer walls
  • the last surface is more “melted” than on proper prints
    Prints look like from the photo above (on this topic, mentioned by @yukke60)

We know that zcodex is not a problem, because we check it on our other M200 Plus printer - the prints are fine.

Please let me know what we can do…
Thank you,
Martyna

Hello Martyna,

I believe it will be easier to discuss the case via support form rather than on the forum since the printer was already repaired by our Service Center. Attach pictures of your failed prints, .zcodex file and a list of parts that you have replaced so far. We will look further into the matter.

Best regards,
Karolina

Thank you for the response.

For now, our service suggested changing the electrical outlet (different circuit). It has helped so far.

Thank you.
Martyna