Flexible material

Someone has to be the first to post here. Might as well be me. 

I would like to print in a flexible material, something like Nijaflex I think. Has anyone done this successfully, and what settings were used?

Yes I have seen some other web postings, hoping for specifics with an M200.

I have tried printing in ninja flex but the print speed can't be slowed enough. When the raft is printing the extruder tries to feed material in quicker than it can extrude. Also I think the gap between the extruder gear and idler pulley is too great and you don't get enough bite into the soft material.

Slice with Z-ABS profile, remove raft and slow to 50% with RaftAway, print on glass+hairspray at 240-256º using ZT-HE and Z-Sense, works perfectly. Sainsmart TPU is more forgiving than Ninja.

Slice with Z-ABS profile, remove raft and slow to 50% with RaftAway, print on glass+hairspray at 240-256º using ZT-HE and Z-Sense, works perfectly. Sainsmart TPU is more forgiving than Ninja.

Hi Julia,

Thanks for the advise, the properties of ninja flex are more suited to my requirements. Any tips on getting this to load correctly? I make silicone covers for the zortrax heater block if you fancy doing a trade for a Z-sense I would gladly modify the design and make some to fit the ZT-HE heater block :)

Matt

The procedure I listed works with NinjaFlex, FilaFlex, esun eLastic, TreeD Mark 7, TreeD Mark 9, and TreeD FlexAbility +, and more.