full Z-code settings information

Recently I had to remake a piece and I wanted to print it with the same settings of a previous one, but when loading z-code it only provides the basic information about material, infill, support angle and layer height it was printed with. It would be nice to retrive from the z-code file all the settings that were used to print the model like eventual fan speed, inner and outer offset, surface layers and maybe if it was shell or mesh, so that a model can be replicated even if some time has been passed and people didn't remember all the settings that were used.

Yes, I also would like to see ALL settings saved/restored via zproj project files, and I'd like to see all settings displayed in the "output" window with the print preview. Currently there are a lot of things missing, so I have to do two separate screen caps in order to document a print: one for the settings before slicing and another one after slicing is finished in order to show time, material used, etc.

When I remember, I've been putting the print settings into a spreadsheet, but it would be a lot more convenient to have a utility that could read the ZProj or ZCode files and display the settings used for that object, including ZSuite revision number.

Mike

+1 :slight_smile:

Again I point out the need of a PRO version of Zsuite where advanced users mostly the ones Like Julia who offer services need to keep track of everything done. And that information in vital for this.

Sometimes you produce a part, but then a similar comes in so it's useful to go back and check how you made the first part.

Why do you need a pro version for something basic like this? It’s simply a couple more lines of text in the upper right corner.

Why do you need a pro version for something basic like this? It's simply a couple more lines of text in the upper right corner.

Agreed. And regarding Save as Project, it is really a bug that all settings are not saved.

... check memory print ... :)

when you have to keep a track apart ... :)

Another great thing to save into the project file would be scale, rotation and position settings. Frequently I scale up (or down) something I've downloaded and then later I can't remember how much I scaled each axis by.

Another great thing to save into the project file would be scale, rotation and position settings. Frequently I scale up (or down) something I've downloaded and then later I can't remember how much I scaled each axis by.

+1

At this point an answer by the developers' team would be appreciated.

i agree, when it comes right down to it, most things i see and have suggested are easy to use and simple requests. i am no programmer and have no clue how this program is set up but i would think it would only take a few months to implement most requests. the forum is not asking for open source software, just more data and options. maybe a poll somewhere with a list of features that people can vote for and give their opinion, that would sort them out pretty quickly, along with being easy to find for the devs and users.

Some options will be available in new update, on the other options we will have to wait to another update.

thank you for getting back to us quickly. its always good to see planned progress.

As someone that has not yet even had a chance to use the software, I'm pretty surprised (in a disappointed way) that this isn't included. With all of the equipment I use (material testing, material processing, heck, even EMG software) the settings for each run are saved. This way you can simply repeat the test (or in this case print) without having to set it up every single time. On a personal note, I'd rank this pretty high in importance as an essential feature. 

As someone that has not yet even had a chance to use the software, I'm pretty surprised (in a disappointed way) that this isn't included. With all of the equipment I use (material testing, material processing, heck, even EMG software) the settings for each run are saved. This way you can simply repeat the test (or in this case print) without having to set it up every single time. On a personal note, I'd rank this pretty high in importance as an essential feature. 

Many settings are saved in the zproj file, just not all of them.