GLUE ?

HI , i would like to know what is the strongest glue for all the Z materials .

Please let me know .

Thanks 

For Z-ABS I always use acetone mixed with some pieces of Z-ABS filament.

It is cheap and it never disappoints me.

I just got this thing called GOOP. It seems to do great and dries clear.  I used it on a sheet of acrylic and it worked awesome! I couldn't break the piece off that I glued.

Hardware stores and online retailers in the US sell a glue for ABS pipe that works just fine.  The stuff I use has a whitish color and seems to dry nearly clear.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#74605a24/=xc7qwp

Mike

Thanks for your answer i will buy all this things to try it . If someone knows some other techniques let me know too .

Thanks

Thanks for your answer i will buy all this things to try it . If someone knows some other techniques let me know too .

Thanks

All depends on what you are doing with it. If you use acetone and brush it on the parts that are being connected it will soften up the ABS and when you press and hold it together it will fuse and make a strong bond. 

Sometimes it calls for ABS and acetone mix while others calls for different welding agent. 

ZHips or ZGlass won't weld with acetone but I have made strong bonds with ABS slurry and ZGlass.

I got the GOOP to help fill the gaps that happens sometimes when joining two pieces. 

Cheers and good luck

Thanks for your answer .Yes , me i want the most discreet and pro render with no traces of separation when it is stuck and strongly . 

if i see some traces of separation can i use a mastic than i sand after ?  what kind of mastic is the best with abs ? 

thanks

I use Pattex Special model glue. Sofar it works great (also on Z-Hips)

<b>Product main benefits</b><b>:</b>
  • Water resistant
  • Very tough
  • High precision
  • Cures crystal clear
<b>Application areas:&nbsp;</b>
  • Plastics
  • Polystyrol
  • ABS
  • Polycarbonate
  • PlexiglasHard
  • PVC
  • Wood
  • Not suitable for PE,PP,PTFE and sytropor.

http://www.pattex.de/uac/pattex-responsive/russia/www/ru/products/specialities/modeling.html