Got refunded without asking for a return

Hi There,

I ordered a M200 Oct.3 from the web store, this morning I got a refund even though I did not ask for a return. The web store status says refunded, I also received an E-mail from paypal saying I am refunded. I wonder what's going on? Should I order from a local reseller instead of the web store?

Thanks,

Shen

Very strange, did you contacted with Zortrax?

Very strange, did you contacted with Zortrax?

I sent an email asking, haven't got any reply yet.

I sent an email asking, haven't got any reply yet.

Please remember that the only official way to contact the customer support, is via the support form: http://support.zortrax.com/application-form/

I've contacted our sales team regarding your case. You're going to receive another payment request to fulfill the order.

Please remember that the only official way to contact the customer support, is via the support form: http://support.zortrax.com/application-form/

I've contacted our sales team regarding your case. You're going to receive another payment request to fulfill the order.

Hi Chris,

I was using the email "sales@zortrax.com" included in the order summary email. I have already placed another order from your reseller octave, and they have already shipped the package. I tried to cancel this order using the support form you provide, but non of the request type match my case and I also don't have a serial number which is required to submit the form. Would you help me cancel the order? Thanks for your help.

Shen

Hi Chris,

I was using the email "sales@zortrax.com" included in the order summary email. I have already placed another order from your reseller octave, and they have already shipped the package. I tried to cancel this order using the support form you provide, but non of the request type match my case and I also don't have a serial number which is required to submit the form. Would you help me cancel the order? Thanks for your help.

Shen

Of course, don't worry about it - it's going to be handled today.

Have a great times with Zortrax M200! :)

Of course, don't worry about it - it's going to be handled today.

Have a great times with Zortrax M200! :)

Thank you Chris :)