Hallo all! New M300 user soon!

Hi!

Just wanted to call in and say hi, since I’ll me a Zortrax m300 owner soon.

I’ve been into 3D printing for 7 years now, and at the moment I’m running 5 printers: gCreate gMax 1.5, Prusa i3 Mk2 Haribo edition, 2 x Cetus 3D Extended and one Formlabs Form 2. 

I’m having a lot of print jobs each week and at the moment I’m struggling to keep up because of the time it takes to maintain the printers. I have a hope that the M300 will be a workhorse for me that will just throw out prints after prints. 

I’ll get rid of the two Cetus 3D Extended printers but I’ll probably keep the Prusa for Exotic filaments. 

Also I’m not a fan of printing ABS because of the fumes, and I’m happy to see the addition of Z-PLA! And I know that the Zortax is kind of built around/for ABS. 

I’m having an idea of building a top lid for the M300, and mounting active carbon filter and HEPA filter in this, together with a 120mm fan. Would this be stupid or potentially damage anything? (it might get too hot inside?)

Alot of my 3D printing can be seen here: https://www.instagram.com/brainglow.studios/

best Regards Patrik

Welcome Patrik,

Some really awesome prints in your gallery! 

I look forward to seeing what you make with your M300. I'm not to sure about the top lid but I often think I should have some kind of exhaust fan with filters just above my M200. Not a completely enclosed system. I currently run mine in a small room with a ceiling exhaust fan, but it's not good enough.

Another noob question, are there any of the Z materials which are not ABS based? Thought HIPS would be smell-free but I understand now that it’s based on abs as well. I need filaments that doesn’t smell and I don’t have the Z-PLA Pro yet

M200:

I have been printing standard PLA for a long time with the profile "Z-Glass". Since version 1.11 I print with Profil "Z-Glass" but 245 ° C and + 2% Extruder Flow Rate and BED = 45-60 ° C. No problems !

Another noob question, are there any of the Z materials which are not ABS based? Thought HIPS would be smell-free but I understand now that it's based on abs as well. I need filaments that doesn't smell and I don't have the Z-PLA Pro yet

PETG / GLASS, PLA pro and ASA pro are right around the corner

PETG / GLASS, PLA pro and ASA pro are right around the corner

Cool, thanks! So UltraT do smell as well?

M200:

I have been printing standard PLA for a long time with the profile "Z-Glass". Since version 1.11 I print with Profil "Z-Glass" but 245 ° C and + 2% Extruder Flow Rate and BED = 45-60 ° C. No problems !

Good to know! I want to get used to the printer to 100% before I start to add external materials into the equation though!

What maximum layer height is recommended with ULTRAT? Is 0.29mm possible? (as in the HIPS profile?)