I want to know if the zortrax m200 plus printer can do the following:
- Support third party filament.
- Print up to a resolution of 0.05mm (50 micron)
Will it support cura in the future? Is Z-suite advanced enough to allow tweaking of alot of variables?
The other printer I am looking at is Ultimaker 2+ but its expensive for what it offers. (no wifi/usb, no enclosement with the printer, etc…)
But it states to be able to print 20 microns and prinst very robust and precise.
(I currently own an ender 3)
Here are some answers to your questions:
- You have access to “External materials” option and you can print with third party materials as well.
- The smallest layer thickness available for M200 Plus is 0.09 mm (90 microns - for 0.4 mm nozzle).
- Zortrax 3D printers use .zcode and .zcodex file format which can be produced only by Z-SUITE (only Inkspire can 3D print .cws files). We do not plan to support Cura slicer.
Please, tell me what models would you like to print most of the time. If you need microscopic precision, maybe you should consider Zortrax Inkspire (a UV LCD 3D printer).
As for the Z-SUITE, we provide users with ready-to-use profiles for Zortrax Materials. However, users have access to multiple settings available in “advanced settings” section. If you’d like to try out Z-SUITE, please send me a private message.
You can also order a free 3D printed sample on our website: https://zortrax.com/order-sample/
Thanks for your reply!
Will the M200 plus ever support a layer height of as low as 0.05mm?
Unfortunately, I don’t have such information.
As someone who works in industry, I would wholeheartedly recommend this machine. It just works without any tweaking out of the box. My only complaint is the lack of a thin wall option in the slicer and it is a bit slow. As long as you are OK with using Zortrax materials and printing on a raft, you will be OK. My only advice is to increase the raft offset by .05mm because my printer welds the raft to the print otherwise.