Heating bed cools down during print.

Hi,

I have a bit of an issue with warping. I thought it might be that the build plate wasn’t level, and that could be it aswell, but I’ve notice that when I start a print the bed starts to cool down. When I turn the printer on the bed heats right up and I’ve notice that the blue light under the build plate is solid when it’s heating up, but when a print starts the blue light blinks. The cables feel like they are well connected and I’m using firmware 0.02. Any advice would be great.

Best regards,

Liam Mckissock.

Are you just turning on and printing or waiting 10 to 15 for the bed to warm up. Just looked at mine. Light is blinking. Bed is HOT!! Are you sure the bed is cooling down?

Thanks for replying. Ya, before the print starts I can feel the heat coming off it, but a few minutes after it starts I can touch the bed with my bare hand.

I let mine heat up for about 10 minutes before printing. I would try unplugging and plugging back in. Just measured temp… 72.5 C I use one of these. http://www.ebay.com/itm/CEN-TECH-Non-Contact-infrared-Digital-Thermometer-/271359303493?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f2e465f45

My light blinks when it’s hot too. I have not noticed it cool down but I have noticed the base layer sometimes doesn’t stick well on bigger prints. I’m not sure if it’s insufficient heat or the bed not being level enough though.

I’m guessing not level. Heat seems to be pretty even on mine. If I have a large print it does curl a bit.

I tried leaving the printer on for a while and at first it seems to heat up, but after awhile it stops heating. So I think I had it wrong, I think the problem is it gets to a certain temperature and then the bed stops heating. I can put my hand right on the plate and it’s just doesn’t feel hot.

[quote name=sometreknerd]I tried leaving the printer on for a while and at first it seems to heat up, but after awhile it stops heating. So I think I had it wrong, I think the problem is it gets to a certain temperature and then the bed stops heating. I can put my hand right on the plate and it’s just doesn’t feel hot.
[/quote]

Is blue LED blinking relative fast or very slow (like a one blink per few seconds) ?

It should keep static temperature all the time.

Ya the light is blinking fast and if I turn it off and on it starts heating again but only for 20-30 minutes. Then it cools down again.

Does the build plate have a thermostat that regulates the temperature?