high prices in european store

Just your information :

There is a mistake in the FAQ on the zortrax website for European shop :

It is said the shipping is done by DHL and FEDEX, which is not. It is DPD.

Thanks

Yes even sometimes you get to see different rates from different providers. I took a local Courier service Dallas Company over UPS as they gave me cheaper quote and were equally fast.

What if you have a small company without VAT number, or no company at all?

I do not know for sure, but for small companies without VAT number, you can claim a VAT refund from your tax office.

For those not have company … unfortunately you have to pay VAT :frowning:

[quote name=VipeR]I do not know for sure, but for small companies without VAT number, you can claim a VAT refund from your tax office.
[/quote]

You need to have a VAT number to get back the tax.

Sorry my bad. You have right. In Poland all company have VAT number (we call it Tax Identification Number) but not all company must have right to be VAT payer. In this case (if company isn’t VAT payer) you have right that company must pay with VAT and has no right for claim VAT refund.

I have a strange question :confused:

It is normal when i try to order printer from international store and I must pay 10$ more for each kilogram more? For example:

• shipping cost for the printer without additional filament - 20.00kg - $171.00

• shipping cost for the printer with additional filament (1kg more) - 21.00kg - $181.00

:frowning:

Also when I want to buy only the filament shipping cost looks like:

1kg - 25$

2kg - 30$

3kg - 39$

4kg - 48$

5kg - 58$

100kg - 100$

In my case EU shop is cheaper than international for filament, printer is 12% cheaper too.

I made this calculator sheet that compares shop prices and calculates prices with your TAX and VAT (you can input your own values).

http://rghost.net/private/52500744/2a715cf958b6ac03c067cfe4176812ad

I hope you find it useful. If you have low taxes and VAT perhaps your situation different

[quote name=smile]In my case EU shop is cheaper than international for filament, printer is 12% cheaper too.

I made this calculator sheet that compares shop prices and calculates prices with your TAX and VAT (you can input your own values).

http://rghost.net/private/52500538/b350474dd954a7afd660bebb9654ae6b

I hope you find it useful. If you have low taxes and VAT perhaps your situation different
[/quote]

Exactly! Most of people which complain about “high” Zortrax EU shop prices think that import charges/tax, VAT etc. is a kind of myth and they do not take it in count.

Best Regards

I updated my link to color values based on percentages, new link here http://rghost.net/private/52500744/2a715cf958b6ac03c067cfe4176812ad

If you get negative percentage in [color=#07e01c]green[/color] - then you save money, if in[color=#e04f1b] red[/color] it’s more expensive.

If you find any bugs please tell me to fix them.

Nice spreadsheet, but you are missing my point here. Before EU store was created zortrax sold EU customers filament for 19$ and no TAX, VAT etc.

Remember zortrax managed the store themselves if customer was from within EU they charged no VAT,TAX etc. but prices was in Dollars.

If zortrax created EU store then Dollar prices should be converted to Euros based on currency exchange ratio, not doubled like filament prices.

[quote name=cyansword]Nice spreadsheet, but you are missing my point here. Before EU store was created zortrax sold EU customers filament for 19$ and no TAX, VAT etc.

Remember zortrax managed the store themselves if customer was from within EU they charged no VAT,TAX etc. but prices was in Dollars.

If zortrax created EU store then Dollar prices should be converted to Euros based on currency exchange ratio, not doubled like filament prices.
[/quote]

Everybody is right, here.

And everybody is wrong too, in a way. :wink:

Cyansworld, you are right, I agree with you. When we first invested in zortrax, prices were VAT included. (It was written in the terms and conditions on zortrax website).

But in December, they changed it without notice.

We all took the decision of investment because of the attractive prices of filaments (19usd is an awesome price).

But they is a share of responsibility here :

1 : zortrax : for not communicating more clearly on the VAT and import taxes issues.

2: customers (us) : for not thinking about import taxes in our countries.

Although VAT conditions changed without notice, and this is a major price increase, I agree, you also have to admit that it is normal for the customer to pay for the import taxes.

And, anyway, if you really want to have the same prices as it was advertised during the kickstarter campaign, you still can order from the international shop, it’s no problem.

But think about the importation taxes and VAT, as it was already like this during kick starter campaign.

Side note for Rafal :

We already told you several times : your way of communicating with customers is not appropriate. Cyansworld may not be nice to you and criticize your business but this is not a reason to be so cold and aggressive in your answer. Just explaining and try to make him understand is a better way.

Or let other members answer, if you can’t deal with that.

We? Who do you mean, we? I hope that you doesn’t represent clients of Zortrax…

When buying a printer that everyone in the company where I works, know that the prices will be higher in € and it was normal, we expected a much higher price.

So, you saying that your lack of knowledge about taxes is fault Zortrax company? I have not heard more nonsense.

Have you ever had contact with conducting business in several countries, the tax system, for example, in Europe and Asia? Of course the question is rhetorical…

Please don’t use word “us”, because I, and others ppl have a different view on this case.

You deny yourself.

As well, they could send the parcel from China or the U.S. - as do most companies from Kickstarter. And don’t sent parcels from Poland to backers from Europe, then you will find out what means to pay customs duties and taxes of $1,899

From my personal feelings, I noticed there’s nothing wrong with posts written by Rafal, you have a personal problem probably …

Going back to prices, take a look yourself at some examples and draw a conclusion whether the company Zortrax is something wrong or is something wrong with you …

Allienware X51 Gaming Desktop

US store price: $699: http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-x51-r2/pd?oc=dpcwxy01h&model_id=alienware-x51-r2

French store price:€699/$961: http://www.dell.com/fr/p/alienware-x51-r2/pd?oc=d00ar201&model_id=alienware-x51-r2

Dell Inspirion 15

US store price $299,99: http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15-3521/pd?oc=fncwc656h&model_id=inspiron-15-3521

French store price €329/$452,60: http://www.dell.com/fr/p/inspiron-15-3537/pd?oc=cn35321&model_id=inspiron-15-3537

BTW: I hope Zortrax decide and begin to support the customers in Europe only from the European store, as does the most of the companies.

Mike

[quote name=Michael]BTW: I hope Zortrax decide and begin to support the customers in Europe only from the European store, as does the most of the companies.

Mike
[/quote]

Mike, “Member from Worldwide”, you have a great sense of humor.

@cyansword: lern to read from begining.

I got my order through the international store and it turned out fine for me. I paid only 19 Euros import taxes for 7 roles of filament. That could have been even less if the transportation costs would have been described different.

Now the 75$ was described as “special treatment”. Which lead to customs adding these cost as part of the delivered goods and then adding their own calculation of transport. That again resulted in an added 75 Euros of VAT.

Does not matter for me as I just reclaim the VAT from the tax office, being a company. Would have been different if I ordered as a private person.

So my request to Zortrax on behalf of the private customers : please specify transportation costs as “transportation costs”.

Regards, Rob.

[quote name=cyansword]spam
[/quote]

That is not Z-ABS.

Tere is no problem with price of Z-ABS but it’s a problem with hight price of shippment (China->EU) and high taxes (sum of import tax, VAT tax for import goods tomEU and if you don’t buy for company then you pay one more VAT tax :confused: ) but for this we can thanks ours politics (from all EU)

[quote name=smile]I updated my link to color values based on percentages, new link here http://rghost.net/private/52500744/2a715cf958b6ac03c067cfe4176812ad

If you get negative percentage in [color=#07e01c]green[/color] - then you save money, if in[color=#e04f1b] red[/color] it’s more expensive.

If you find any bugs please tell me to fix them.
[/quote]

OK…

This is my version of ZORTRAX INTERNATIONAL, EU and POLISH SHOP COMPARISON.

In INTERNATIONAL store shipping cost is from Hon Kong to EU (Poland)

In EU store shipping cost is from Poland do Poland

In Polish store shipping cost is also from Poland do Poland

But all prices you can change :slight_smile:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19671723/Zortrax/ZORTRAX%20INTERNATIONAL%2C%20EU%20and%20POLISH%20SHOP%20COMPARISON%20-%2024.02.2014%20v3.xls

Your calculator is nice but:

Variables entered are not transferred to their location below for calculations, and customs paperwork is absent for filament spools. Last time I bought something using DHL the customs paperwork was 50$, post is way cheaper but there is no post option for printer or filament in international store.

By the way shipment from USA was 300$ for 5kg, and took a week. Plus VAT, plus customs paperwork about 35$ and courier was UPS.