Holes when usin Split tool

I have an issue, when trying to split a model in z-suite into several parts, where the cut surface is not closed by z-suite. It has worked on another model, but it doesn’t work on this new one. I’ve tried using an .stl file and an .obj file, neither worked. Are there any errors in the file that causes this that I’m not familiar with? Any suggestions what I can look for or do to fix this?

Can you get me an stl? Could be through PM :) 

I have had that happen before. There was a issue with the model not being "watertight' but usually Zsuite fixes those small things (could just be a vertices) and when it slices it open it doesn't overlook it. 

Ofcourse I could be wrong but I had an issue like this and I just sliced in Nettfabb and then printed. 

Good luck

Thanks! That's what I was hoping. There doesn't seem to be any Nettfabb version for Mac so I haven't been able to check it out that way. The problem hasn't occured with other models since I had that problem, so hopefully it was something like that.

Thanks! That's what I was hoping. There doesn't seem to be any Nettfabb version for Mac so I haven't been able to check it out that way. The problem hasn't occured with other models since I had that problem, so hopefully it was something like that.

I only use mac and have Netfabb Basic on it. Works perfectly.     netfabb Basic 7.3.0 

netfabb does indeed work with mac.

You can repair your file online here however: https://tools3d.azurewebsites.net/

Thanks for the tip! :-)