Houses

Hello,

I have been playing around with my zortrax for some time now, so I thought I should post some pictures and share my experiences i made so far...

I bought the machine to test its ability to create architectural models ( I do 3d visualisations...).

Over all I am quite OK with the results I get now.

20140904_143421.jpg

I am still evaluating the best ways to print certain elements / structures and also evaluate the post processing (sanding / painting) to archive acceptable results. 

My main problems right now are hollows walls http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/topic/446-empty-walls/?hl=hollow#entry12116 

and http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/topic/276-wall-thickness/?hl=walls

and ghosting (e.g. from window holes) on the visible surfaces.

best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

looks pretty good. :)

The hollow walls are also big problem for some of my parts... :mellow:

Hello Christian,

thank you, i think I slowly get the hang of it  :)

but I really have problems with the ghosting like in this example

20140801_151838b.jpg

... any ideas how to avoid this? as far as I know it is coming from the head oscillation during printing, possibly an extra slow mode could help here ? 

Maybe a Zortrax team member could give us some Info here... 

best 

Andreas

Hello Christian,

thank you, i think I slowly get the hang of it  :)

but I really have problems with the ghosting like in this example

attachicon.gif20140801_151838b.jpg

... any ideas how to avoid this? as far as I know it is coming from the head oscillation during printing, possibly an extra slow mode could help here ? 

Maybe a Zortrax team member could give us some Info here... 

best 

Andreas

Sorry, I have no solution for the ghosting, but I agree that an slower printing speed would help...

Hello guys,

Ghosting deformation have been solved in new Z-Suite 0.0.9 which will be available within few days. In Z-Suite 0.0.9 we added a few cool features such as shell mode, option for cuts models etc. 

Hello guys,

Ghosting deformation have been solved in new Z-Suite 0.0.9 which will be available within few days. In Z-Suite 0.0.9 we added a few cool features such as shell mode, option for cuts models etc. 

Really good news! Thanks! :)

Hello guys,

That's sweet guys and keep up the great work! Can't wait to try it.

sounds great!

Hello guys,

When? I really need this asap.