How can I fix this print issues/defects?

I have been recalibrating the bed, I am within 0.1 tolerance in all axis. I am using plate 1.0 and hot end 1.0

How ever I deep cleanse the nozzle, the bed, re calibrate and used another file. Still similar issues. 

Belt tension?

Or is there anything other that I should look for?

print.jpg

How old is the filament + is it humid in your work space? Have you lubed up the rails recently (should be done monthly), Is the extruder skipping while the printer is working? is there any strange noises coming from the machine?

How old is the filament + is it humid in your work space? Have you lubed up the rails recently (should be done monthly), Is the extruder skipping while the printer is working? is there any strange noises coming from the machine?

Filament is a couple of months old. No humidity that I can think of.

I have the rails lubed with grease. Not much but some.

the Z axis when moving up or down fast does make a snap sound every few revolutions.   I don't seem to find anything loose or so... I don't remember the tension of the pulleys/bands but they seem ok. Although not tight either.

the belts should not be tight, they should be fine being that there is little you can do to loosen them. There may be a piece of filament stuck in the Z-axis somewhere (in the motor or in the bearings) this is not a huge issue and would not cause the problems shown, that being said you should clean it out when possible. The issue you are having is somewhere in the print head, have you cleaned out the nozzle recently?

the belts should not be tight, they should be fine being that there is little you can do to loosen them. There may be a piece of filament stuck in the Z-axis somewhere (in the motor or in the bearings) this is not a huge issue and would not cause the problems shown, that being said you should clean it out when possible. The issue you are having is somewhere in the print head, have you cleaned out the nozzle recently?

Yes.. I have cleaned with acetone and with the needle the nozzle. I printed a second box, and the errors are in the exact same spots. However when I checked the file in Z-Suite with the pause-step slider, I don't see any of the variations shown in the actual object....

Before this last print, I re aligned everything and cleaned everything and tighted the plate..

Any clues? I am attaching the z-suite file if someone could check it. That would be great.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3785834/FEDE%204D.zcode

What jumps out at me is the upper right portion where pretty much every layer on one side of the seam is starved, but on the other side they're all OK. So it's happening (there at least) at the point of nozzle direction change, which, if I'm not mistaken, is also when retraction kicks in. It might be informative to slice the same model with an older version of Z-Suite and/or a different material and profile.

Also, sometimes no amount of cleaning is a substitute for a brand-new nozzle; that's something I'd recommend trying as well.

What jumps out at me is the upper right portion where pretty much every layer on one side of the seam is starved, but on the other side they're all OK. So it's happening (there at least) at the point of nozzle direction change, which, if I'm not mistaken, is also when retraction kicks in. It might be informative to slice the same model with an older version of Z-Suite and/or a different material and profile.

Also, sometimes no amount of cleaning is a substitute for a brand-new nozzle; that's something I'd recommend trying as well.

I am going to install hot end v2 and hot plate v2 tomorrow as well as a new nozzle. 

If that fixes it.. Fine! If not, I will try slizing it with an older version of ZSuite.. However this is not a heavy used machine...

Thanks for the tops Julia. Will keep you posted.

I found better results by using the seam setting to random on Z-Suite... Any clues why would this be an issue?

Il post the pictures once the print finishes.

Do you succeed? I’m curious.

Hi,

Scar above the “2” will be better with random seam, for sure. But it looks like an underextrusion problem to me. Are you sure the filament can go threw the guide tube freely and spool can rotate without hard spot ?

Once my tube had a bottle neck at the clamp level (near the spool), it was much better after removing the first 4mm (and it had been fixed for sure choosing another tube clamp design)

Laurent