How to clean printing platform

Hi there,

what is the best way to clean the printing platform after printing?

Look at my attached picture. My printing platform looks like this.

As first solution i have tried this in a shorter way:

http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/topic/483-tips-tricks-warping-issue-solution/?hl=%2Bplatform+%2Bclean

Short of the part with the ABS pieces in aceton.

My current solution is to take a nail and push the pieces out of the board to clean all holes. But it takes to much time. Have anyone a better way to clean the platform?

Thank you in advanced

You don't need to clean it. Spatula is all you need.

First thank you for your answer.

Okay but if i need only my spatula to clean the building platform what can be a reason why my object is getting warping?

Is there anything i can do?

This happens only sometimes, or after a while, not at every print.

Thank You. Ill think that will help. :-)

Hi again,

i have do all things i have read on the instruction above. But i have still the same problem with my print. The print is only a simple frame, but what i see is that the deformation is only at the outer corners of the printing board. I think that the heating board is not hot enough on this points and then the material deform.

Can somebody explain the differenz print settings of Zortrax? It can be possible to get better results with other Profiles? Is there any way to set more advanced settings? What can i do anything else?

What is generally the Differenz between the following printing Profiles?

Z-ABS

Z-Ultra

Z-Glass

and Z-Hips?

Thank you!

Can somebody explain the differenz print settings of Zortrax? It can be possible to get better results with other Profiles? Is there any way to set more advanced settings? What can i do anything else?

You have to select the profile of the material you are using.  So Z-ABS for Z-ABS.. It looks like you are trying to print a large object which would warp more than smaller objects.  Do you have side panels on your printer?  Have you tried using glue?

You don't need to clean it. Spatula is all you need.

Glorious Spatula is king of all cleaning devices! hail to the flat sharp king.

I upload the file later. Then you can check it. I dont have used glue, but i would like to try use aceton on the heating platform. Either pure or mixed with some abs like in the post of the warping solution.

I can imagine that the profiles is optimized to the displayed ABS, but what are the parameters? Temperature of print. Temperature of building board? What is with printing of 3rd ABS material?

First of all, have you checked the bed for level? Use a feeler gauge or credit card to make sure distance between bed and nozzle is the same in all 4 corners. I did a manual check on mine before using calibration routine. That might be one hard part to print because of the large size and tall walls. I would use light infill to decrease mass but it might still lift from platform due to material shrinking. You can also use the ABS Acetone mix to help it stick. Other than that, let support try to figure something out..

Hi there, the bed leveling looks good.

How many of the ABS Acetone mix i have to use? I have try to put a little bit of the aceton mix on the building line, you see the result of the orange part. I guess that has conveying warping.

what I found works very well to hold down a problem area after the printer puts down the first layer of raft take acetone on a paper towel rub the area all over the raft, that will help set the raft to the build plate, that has worked very well for me in the past

I agree with Kyle that bed leveling is important for such big prints. If it is not nearly perfect the raft won't stick well. I've also found that prints in corners often detached during my test with latest firmware 0.5 so after a few fails I rolled back to 0.4 and no problems so far. Maybe you might give it a try as well.

Also it is VERY important that you enclose your printer to help temps to be kept high on the printed area.

Okay i try it thanks

I agree with Kyle that bed leveling is important for such big prints. If it is not nearly perfect the raft won't stick well. I've also found that prints in corners often detached during my test with latest firmware 0.5 so after a few fails I rolled back to 0.4 and no problems so far. Maybe you might give it a try as well.

Also it is VERY important that you enclose your printer to help temps to be kept high on the printed area.

great - i will try the old version. i have always the same problem!

dear Spicchio72,

you can turn to me the firmware 0.4?

I only 0.5 available.

Then you load the printer as an update std?

thanks

Hi again,

i have do all things i have read on the instruction above. But i have still the same problem with my print. The print is only a simple frame, but what i see is that the deformation is only at the outer corners of the printing board. I think that the heating board is not hot enough on this points and then the material deform.

What is generally the Differenz between the following printing Profiles?

Z-ABS

hello,

you’ve already used with z-glass?

Z-Ultra

Z-Glass

and Z-Hips?

Thank you!