How to clean the holes of the build plate

Hi everyone!

Is there an easy way to clean the holes of the build plate? I would assume if all holes are filled with left over material, new prints won't stick as good as they do now.

I can scrape of excess material from the front and back of the build plate, but how do you clean the holes?

Thanks!

I think the next print raft bonds to whatever plastic is on the table (pcb coat) including plastic within the holes.

If you're having problems sticking to the table, what I do is very lightly (one swipe) wipe the table with some acetone after each print. Lightly so you don't take abs coat off the table, otherwise will have to re-coat.

You'll want to remove the perforated bed from time to time to remove all the excess going down inbetween the bed and bottom. Undo the cables carefully and use an allen key. There will be lots of stuff there after a while. What's actually stuck in the holes - I wouldn't bother.

try unscrew the plastic plate. then put it in acetone bath for 10 minuts or more, then airspray the holes with compressor

i never try it before, maybe can work

I wouldn't have thought soaking the plate in Acetone was the best course of action... If you were determined to do so then do it to a small corner to begin with so you don't ruin the entire plate. 

I have soaked a Zortrax Perforated plate in a bath of acetone and then with compressed air blown all the material out of the holes, it worked well and other than the scratch marks that were in the plate it looked like new and worked fine.

I have soaked a Zortrax Perforated plate in a bath of acetone and then with compressed air blown all the material out of the holes, it worked well and other than the scratch marks that were in the plate it looked like new and worked fine.

sounds like the only way to do it if you want a perfect result. Are food bags/ zip seal bags resistant to acetone? If so then i guess you could put the plate in one of those and saturate with acetone; seal then lay on a flat surface for x amount of time. Then as you say blow out with compressed air. 

sounds like the only way to do it if you want a perfect result. Are food bags/ zip seal bags resistant to acetone? If so then i guess you could put the plate in one of those and saturate with acetone; seal then lay on a flat surface for x amount of time. Then as you say blow out with compressed air. 

I use a stainless steel bain marie tray (and lid) with acetone in it,

I have never once worried about cleaning the holes out of the platform I have had the printer since the beginning right after Kickstarter so quite a few years now the new ABS plastic sticks to the old ABS plastic in the holes so there’s no need to clean it as far as I’m concerned the biggest thing is wiping it down with acetone to keep it clean

Problem is filament residue from the holes might build up and cause the platform to become unflat over time.

If you’re having problems sticking to the table, what I do is very lightly (one swipe) wipe the table with some acetone after each print. Lightly so you don’t take abs coat off the table, otherwise will have to re-coat.