How to make Z-ABS parts waterproof?

I want to make some printed parts made of Z-ABS waterproof.

I would use acetone but I want to keep the matte finish. Is there any way to achieve that?

Acetone and then sand it matte again?

I want to keep the appearance like it is.

What about matte clear spray paint? I think I should try that.

I want to keep the appearance like it is.

What about matte clear spray paint? I think I should try that.

I have a matte clear spay that keeps the looks pretty much the same, but I doubt it could waterproof it. I tried sealing the bottom of a .29 layer part, and 3 coats later there were still large gaps. It might work at lower layer heights, or just use a LOT of spray. 

Is it a vase design? What about an epoxy resin just on the inside. It will be glossy but only inside. The rest will stay as you like it

You can smooth with acetone and then use matte spray, that will clear up those white spots you sometimes get when acetone dries. Glossy or clear varnish really improves the look after smoothing and adds to waterproofing (is that a word? :) ).

And by the way that matte spray also helps to ''repair'' sanding marks. I use it often to glue parts together, sand the lines and glue/dried ABS away and then use matte spray to make those spots pretty much disappear. Montana T1010 is a great and cheap matte clear coat!

I have a matte clear spay that keeps the looks pretty much the same, but I doubt it could waterproof it. I tried sealing the bottom of a .29 layer part, and 3 coats later there were still large gaps. It might work at lower layer heights, or just use a LOT of spray. 

Parts will be printed at high resolution - 0.09 or 0.14. I think it is worth to try, tnx.

Is it a vase design? What about an epoxy resin just on the inside. It will be glossy but only inside. The rest will stay as you like it

It is a small boat model. It must be sealed from the outside.

You can smooth with acetone and then use matte spray, that will clear up those white spots you sometimes get when acetone dries. Glossy or clear varnish really improves the look after smoothing and adds to waterproofing (is that a word? :) ).

I will try that if just spraying without smoothing with acetone and sanding don't work.

Tnx guys.

It worked on a test piece, even without sanding (0.14 resolution). The bottle keeps water.

And the best part is that it's invisible.  :)  :)  :)

P6272403 (Medium).JPG

P6272404 (Medium).JPG