Iggorent Noob

I received my 200M last week and I have many questions regarding some of the functions regarding Z-Suite. I'll ask one at a time so as not to overwhelm you. What does the "insert" function mean?

Guy

Zsuite info

Insert allows you to add layers to the model. 

I had heard it was suppose to let you add or subtract layers but I have never been able to subtract any layers from models, only add. 

Did you check the tutorials? The link above has lots of info

There is nothing in the Zsuite info regarding the insert function

Try this

As far as I know there is no any insert feature in Z-Suite. :huh:

And remember that there is a question mark above every feature which leads you to the feature explanation. 

post-6-0-45177200-1437905186.jpg

As far as I know there is no any insert feature in Z-Suite. :huh:

What? 

Its the pause section

I was narrow minded when thinking about this before. It inserts a pause when printing so you can change filament or that. 

I thought it was supposed to put layers in but it is a pause.

Screen%2BShot%2B2015-07-26%2Bat%2B2.16.1

I think that the function is to put in the middle of the print metal insert with a thread or a hehagonal nut.

So automatically the print pause, you insert the nut and the print restart.

Never used it so far...

I’ve used it to change colors on a part like my badge cover.

This is what insert does.  First time I used it and worked like a charm. Too bad the piece I printed is too small to fit on the M200 where it is suppose to.

Thats what I get for downloading a .proj from here. 

IMG_2149.jpg

RIght, it is not an "insert function" - it is a "pause" function, and the UI for it has an "Insert" button, which inserts a pause into the z-code.

I use it all the time and love it. As lucamac mentioned it's perfect for pausing a print job to insert a steel nut or as HeavenlyCreation mentioned.... to change colors mid-job.

EmdeddedNuts.JPG

Revised%20BadgeBlurred50.jpg

to continue the good print, how long the pause is possible?

to continue the good print, how long the pause is possible?

I don't think there's any time limit - the printer will just sit and wait for you :)

Multi-color knobs I did today.

multicolor knobs.jpg