I'm a PLA rebel

So I decided to print something with some Colorfabb PLA/PHA (which is amazing…you should buy some when the software supports PLA :D) despite the fact that I knew it was going to cook it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I printed with no support (because I knew I’d never be able to remove it) and of course the raft is fused to the part. The quality was great though! I turned on the extra cooling option, but I don’t think any additional fans were actually running (or they’re always running and it never turns them off)

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:27053

Well it’s not bad considering the temp is way off. :wink: What temp is that PLA rated for?

195-220. The color was off…I assume because it was cooked to death. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is the material I am waiting to print with. I know when I was thinking of buying the Zortrax, I asked the question about being able to print with this material and the answer was yes that is a goal. So know just waiting for that addition to this great machine they built.

So the bottom support on that piece won’t peal off?

I just tried twice and both times the extruder started making the click sound when it had to print the thin lines of the second or third layer. I think it’s just too hot.

I’m pretty sure the M200 wasn’t designed to be PLA compatible. Just like with the R2X, the filament above the hotend is not insulated and PLA will lose its rigidity before it melts in the nozzle. Don’t try it unless it’s a special high heat PLA or it will get stuck in a place you can’t access.

[quote name=CornGolem]I’m pretty sure the M200 wasn’t designed to be PLA compatible. Just like with the R2X, the filament above the hotend is not insulated and PLA will lose its rigidity before it melts in the nozzle. Don’t try it unless it’s a special high heat PLA or it will get stuck in a place you can’t access.
[/quote]

Zortax is coming out with Z-PLA soon :slight_smile:

[quote name=CornGolem]I’m pretty sure the M200 wasn’t designed to be PLA compatible. Just like with the R2X, the filament above the hotend is not insulated and PLA will lose its rigidity before it melts in the nozzle. Don’t try it unless it’s a special high heat PLA or it will get stuck in a place you can’t access.
[/quote]

It is somehow designed for Z-PLA and require correct temperature + fan coolers enabled in firmware at 100% of it power then it can working correctly otherwise testing PLA with Z-ABS profile can result in strange behaviors.

Z-PLA has little interest when the final part or even the prototype is to be made in standard PLA (same for Z-ABS).

What are the specs of Z-PLA ?

Z-PLA specs not released yet. Work in progress. Stay tuned for future updates.

It will be PLA, but designed specially to be printed on special profile PLA in M200 printer. To be developed soon.