Interesting. 3DProshare is offering a buy one, get one 50% off sale on M200's.

Hello everyone,

To give rest and assurance to all of you that might be nervous that the recent activity is a sign or indication of "instability" in the support that will be offered behind the M200 and any other Zortrax products, we want to assure you that you will continue to receive outstanding support, filaments in "spool form" and that the M200 has been promoted to us (as the distributor for several of the resellers here in the USA) by Zortrax Poland as what will continue to be their flagship product moving forward. I would say it is safe to assume that pricing on the M200's will at some point come down but we have received no communication from Poland in this direction as of yet.

Every unit that is sold by 3D Proshare as an Official Distributor and/or any of our authorized Official Resellers (they can be found at zortrax-usa.com "resellers tab") will carry a full coverage 1 year manufacturers warranty that is provided by and backed by us, 3D Proshare, to all of our resellers. We fully intend to make sure you have for that full year the best printer, pricing, and customer support to be found in the desktop space for 3D Printing. That said we anticipate to make sure you have these services available to you for many years to come and the M200 is not going anywhere. It has a history of being one of the highest rated Plug-and-Play Printers since its launch as a kickstarter in 2013 and Zortrax has more than proven that they will continue to better and better the M200 hardware and software, having held this position for all of 2014, 2015 and now moving into 2016.

Feel free to always let us know your questions or concerns and we are here to help each of you have a phenomenal experience every time with your Zortrax products and 3d printing experience!

What Will You Create?

-The 3D Proshare Team

I'd like to think it's a combination of cash flow and selling down stocks of filament in colors that don't sell so well.

While I'm fine with their closed source software, it will be a snowy day in hell when I accept a machine with non standard spools.

If that is indeed their plan, it's a really bad one, as I've never seen any of the machines that came out with specialized spools last on the market for very long at all.

Zortrax management! Are you out there??

Here's a suggestion...

Keep the M200 and build a taller version, maybe call it the M400.

So many parts/tooling would be common to both machines...soooooo much easier than a new (and smaller I understand) machine.

Make a proper hepa filtered exhaust hood that is common for both.

Keep your software closed (it is very good after all).

Supply a Z-PLA. You've been asked so many times surely you realize that's what people want, and with recent health concerns about ABS you may be losing sales by not doing so.

Lower the price of your specialty filaments to say 20% higher than the Z ABS. The Z ABS price is fine and it prints nicest, but the specialty filament prices are silly expensive. Rather than offer giveaways, just sell them cheaper and sell more printers.

Offer a parts only warranty outside the EU, maybe through a dealer authorisation/request form. Bugger all goes wrong with them, it won't cost much and you'll improve your reputation big time.

Employ me as your new CEO, and I'll present your quality machinery to the world in a way that doesn't suggest you come from a different planet and alienates your potential and existing customers.

I'll accept a 25% cut on your current guys salary, but will need a lucrative bonus on future growth.

You're welcome.

I would love a taller M200. Seriously. I looked at the Ultimaker 2+ Extended and thought, hey, Zortrax should do that.

Although I’m not posting this as a plug, that’s quite an amazing deal if you’re in the market for a printer farm! However, it does raise questions about the future of the M200. With the significant discount, it seems more like a giveaway or clearance sale to make room for Inventures, rather than just needing extra space.

Considering this, it’s possible that the M200 may be discontinued in the near future. If that’s the case, it remains to be seen whether Zortrax will introduce a new model as a replacement or solely focus on selling Inventures going forward.

Regarding the use of G-Code with the M200, if it is indeed being discontinued, there might be a chance that Zortrax could reconsider and allow G-Code compatibility. Only time will tell. Exciting times ahead for Zortrax users