Just a heated bed measurement for your pleasure :)

I just took a snap of the heated bed on my M200 with my FLIR camera.

You can download it here: Zortax M200 Heated Bed IR

Don’t take the temperatures as gospel as emissivity is not adjusted to the material. The exposed metal plates are of different material and shows lower temperature.

Temperatures are about 5 degs higher on the image than my Fluke K-Type probe says - so real temperatures is somewhere in between :slight_smile:

But temperatures in general are very even all over. There a much less difference compared to what I expected. So well designed!

Nice and even!

Nice picture !

Is it normal that he exposed metal plates are not shown as the same temperature ?

[quote name=pilou74]Nice picture !

Is it normal that he exposed metal plates are not shown as the same temperature ?
[/quote]

yes - measured temperature depends on material you measure. Shiny/reflective surfaces have a different reflection of heat vs matte surfaces. That is why you can change settings for emissivity on all IR temperature measurement devices.

Hmm, I guess that’s why sometimes the raft sticks well to the white part of the PCB but not as good to the exposed metal part.

[quote name=The6uest]Hmm, I guess that’s why sometimes the raft sticks well to the white part of the PCB but not as good to the exposed metal part.
[/quote]

Temperature is not different on the shiny surfaces - just looks different due to the way IR measurements work.

Oooohhhh… Now I know why my IR temperature gun gives weird info when I point at reflective materials !!

Thanks

It says 85degC on the white surface and 75degC on the reflective metal.

Emissiveness

@kaz911

Thank You for this measurements, it is very useful document.

[quote name=pilou74]Oooohhhh… Now I know why my IR temperature gun gives weird info when I point at reflective materials !!

Thanks

It says 85degC on the white surface and 75degC on the reflective metal.
[/quote]

Yes - on any IR measurement device you need to adjust for the material you measure. Most IR “guns” can be adjusted in a " Material" menu. Here is a list of common values for different materials: Material table for IR measurements

Images are made with my Flir E4 - that has been hacked to 320x240 resolution. (A $995 device - “hacked” to a $6000 device) - Hack so far only works on Firmware < 1.21 - so if you go and buy one - check firmware FIRST or get full rights of return…) - hack takes about 3 minutes and is non intrusive :slight_smile: Check EEVBlog :slight_smile: forum for more info.

[quote name=Martin Olchanowski]@kaz911

Thank You for this measurements, it is very useful document.
[/quote]

you are welcome. I’ll do the power supply and stuff later when I get a way to lift it up :slight_smile: