Knight Helmet

I made this to go with the skull I printed for my boss. He does sculpting and is looking at making a ghost or zombie looking knight.. Beer glass for size comparison. B5hXsp.jpgnDxaVJ.jpgkeHaYh.jpgivrQ1s.jpgxUYB1u.jpg

Nice print, I think from all the colors The one I like the most is this one!

They grey is great..He is going to paint it up anyway. Figured this was a great base color for a metal helmet.

Drawn in Designspark Mechanical..

very nice! And printed with no support or raft too!  ;)

incredible how it aws able to adjust ifself on different possitions on the platforms XD

LOL... Printed this in two parts and glued together.

incredible how it aws able to adjust ifself on different possitions on the platforms XD

I installed a rotary table beneath the bed... :lol:

Dear Kyle,

very nice.

The part of to be joined, have created from dovetail, or the parts are smooth ?

thanks

A Merry Christmas

Dear Kyle,

very nice.

The part of to be joined, have created from dovetail, or the parts are smooth ?

thanks

A Merry Christmas

Just smooth.. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:603551

Drawn in Designspark Mechanical..

Kyle - what is a ballpark price for DesignSpark Mechanical and how much is the annual maintenance?  I'm considering a switch from GeoMagic Design (previously known as Alibre) to get more bang for my maintenance buck.

Mike

It’s Free!!!

:blink:

Dang, that's right.  I was thinking of it's bigger brother Spaceclaim Engineer.  Do you know if there is an upgrade path from DesignSpark to SpaceClaim?  I've requested a quote for SCE; sure wish they would show more pricing info on their web site.  Lack of pricing usually mean "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" and I probably need the features of SCE, if I'm going to switch horses.

Mike

Most companies don't advertise prices on their websites because it prevents resellers from having flexibility about how they sell their products and creates unwanted competition between resellers. Some want to bundle in training or telephone support etc. Also the difference in currencies causes issues with international sales, for example in the UK we prefer to pay 40% more for our software then people in the US apparently :angry:.

Most companies don't advertise prices on their websites because it prevents resellers from having flexibility about how they sell their products and creates unwanted competition between resellers. Some want to bundle in training or telephone support etc. Also the difference in currencies causes issues with international sales, for example in the UK we prefer to pay 40% more for our software then people in the US apparently :angry:.

I understand the part about vendor preferences, though would just prefer a standard price and support terms.  The optimist in me hopes that "quote only" pricing means a chance of negotiating down, the pessimist in me figures its too expensive for a personal (not corporate) user.  I don't understand why the UK & Europe is expected to pay 40% more - my condolences for that.

Mike

I understand the part about vendor preferences, though would just prefer a standard price and support terms.  The optimist in me hopes that "quote only" pricing means a chance of negotiating down, the pessimist in me figures its too expensive for a personal (not corporate) user.  I don't understand why the UK & Europe is expected to pay 40% more - my condolences for that.

Mike

“quote only” leave possibility to rip off customer. This kind of sales policy looks as dealing on the bazaar in some countries it is illegal policy. Europe is 40% more expensive due of taxes & taxes + tax on the tax

Kyle - what is a ballpark price for DesignSpark Mechanical and how much is the annual maintenance?  I'm considering a switch from GeoMagic Design (previously known as Alibre) to get more bang for my maintenance buck.

Mike

Try Rhinoceros it's not paremetric but you can add-on grasshopper

License for Rhino is less than $1000 USD and maintenance free, you just need to pay a little porcentage for update once a new version is released.

:blink:

Dang, that's right.  I was thinking of it's bigger brother Spaceclaim Engineer.  Do you know if there is an upgrade path from DesignSpark to SpaceClaim?  I've requested a quote for SCE; sure wish they would show more pricing info on their web site.  Lack of pricing usually mean "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" and I probably need the features of SCE, if I'm going to switch horses.

Mike

I think it's about $2500 for base package +750 a year. If you want different modules it's more. Don't quote me on that though. It has been a few years since I spoke with them.

I think it's about $2500 for base package +750 a year. If you want different modules it's more. Don't quote me on that though. It has been a few years since I spoke with them.

Thanks - they called me at work yesterday and pricing was just a little higher than you'd suggested.  I'll probably trial it early year but it's pricier than I'd hoped so DesignSpark bears looking into.

Try Rhinoceros it's not paremetric but you can add-on grasshopper

License for Rhino is less than $1000 USD and maintenance free, you just need to pay a little porcentage for update once a new version is released.

I've gotten pretty used to parametric and like it for the most part, but I'll look into Rhino.  My needs are mostly mechanical and it looks like Rhino is really intended for designers of organic shapes.  Needs change, though, and I've heard good reports of Rhino elsewhere so thanks for the recommendation.

Mike